Alma is an above-average private, Christian college located in Alma, Michigan. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 1,385 undergraduate students. Admissions is somewhat competitive as the Alma acceptance rate is 68%. Popular majors include Foods, Nutrition, and Wellness Studies, Biology, and Psychology. Graduating 67% of students, Alma alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $31,900.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.25 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.26 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.26 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.35 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.45 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.17 responses
Alma College Reviews
Alma is a great place to come to school! Although it is small in size, there is a truly unique communal energy on campus, while still getting the college experience. The administration and faculty really care about your education, and because of the small class sizes, your professors honestly notice and appreciate your hard work. There are SO many on-campus clubs and organizations to choose from, it is easy to make Alma feel like home!
The campus is a very warm and welcoming place. The community is small, but that is what makes it so great. Professors work hard to make sure that students get any extra care they might need, and love watching their students succeed. While it is a small campus, there is plenty to do, and always something going on. I’m so glad that I ended up in such a great place!
Alma College is great! There is a small, connected campus, and class sizes are very small and the professors are awesome.