Allen University Reviews

I had an online class and it was great. You have to always remember that the work have to get done and turned in. It's different from person to person class but the same rules apply. The professor made the class accessible and if you didn't understand you could reach out and get the help needed.
My experience was different from being at home, I realized that i was on the road to adulthood. Making decisions for myself in which I choose the positive Road. I met new people and learnt a whole lot of knowledge. Once you set a goal strive to reach it and work hard at making the right decision because in the long run it will either be beneficial. The only thing I'd choose is some of the cafe food 😊
Very unorganized with every single thing they do, they move very slow, they are sometimes very rude and snappy. The dorms are TERRIBLE !
Start Your Review of Allen University
Was invited to orientation by Coach B. My checklist consist of a few things but the main items are cost, # of students and how far is it from home in case something happens. This place meets all 3 and on top of that it's a HBCU which was on the list as well but #4. Everyone was welcoming and felt like family. My mind was made up at that point.
My experience at Allen has been great. I would recommend Allen to high school graduates. It's not a very large school but it is rewarding. The professorsxare down to earth. They give you one on one attention if need be. Grateful for the opportunity to attend this great school in the Palnetto state of South Carolina
What I liked about Allen was the variety of people from many different places coming here. The professors were very good people that really looked out for you if you were consistent and concise. The changes I would like to see is improvements with the buildings, better cafe food, more friendly staff members, and more importantly I would like more people that work at an HBCU to actually care about the HBCU.
Allen has great teachers and excellent student body . Allen teaches real world problems and gives you best answers depending on your major.
I have had plentiful memory here but there are many things that the school needs work on . They have an amazing staff and faculty they make you fill at home.
I have only been there 2 years now, first year I have lived on the campus. Living arrangement was very convient. Allen university as a whole is nice. Teachers give you a chance to make up work, missing anything they were helpful. My class schedule was not overloaded, it fits to my day to day living.
My Allen university experience is wonderful. The life on our campus is wonderful and enlightening. Everyone around works hard and want to succeed in life your everyone has a hard working potential. Professors are wonderful and willing to help anyone who’s asks for help. It is great being at Allen university.
Allen University is a great school. The teachers push you to do great and they help you with anything. Athletics are pretty good, especially basketball. We are adding a football team this year as well. The food in the cafe could be better and better WiFi throughout the campus.
Allen University has not diversity of inclusion. Not a single person in the athletic department is non-Black. No Whites, Hispanics and especially no Asian or American Indian. Very racially single in its approach. If this were a white school or an Asian school the there would be protest for its practice of exclusion?
Allen University is named after Richard Allen, the founder of the AME Church. Allen University, recognized as the first university in South Carolina founded by African Americans for the education of African Americans, is also the first university named after an African American.
their culture is amazing! the camus is very small so it is easier to get around. As and african american student it is comforting being at an HBCU when thats all thats there.
Allen teaches the person not only to work for a means but as well to have meaning in your work. Allen deeply rooted in the foundation of a person. Our moto, Think. Work. Love not just embodies the essence of our founder but is what every Allennite baby.
i visited Allen a lot and loved the area within and the atmosphere and great teachers they have. the food and is good and sports are good and students are very supporter of sports
The classroom and professors are really doing an outstanding job, however they're so strict treating college students like high school kids. Yes I understand it's funded under an AME Church but loosen up alittle bit, teenagers have to grow up and learn one day.
Start Your Review of Allen University
My experience at allen was phenomenal, there are staff members that's are like family and Allen gives you take at home feeling
They have security everywhere on campus. they guys dorm has a live in campus security to be able to reach 24/7. i woyuld say that it is a very safe campus from what i have seen and heard.
they make sure that everything stays clean and works properly.