Allegheny College Reviews

The academics at Allegheny College is definitely a five star. The campus environment is pleasant. However, since it is an old historical college most of the dorm need to be heavily renovated. The town that Allegheny College is located in, Meadville, is predominately white. As a minority, I have had racist encounters.
Overall, Allegheny College is an above average college. It has a strong faculty with professors who engage and connect with their students. Like all schools, there are some professors that are lacking but the good far outweigh the bad. The campus is beautiful and the attractive. The biggest issue on campus is sexual assault. The school fails to be open about such a large issue and Title IX does not protect or fight for the women who trust it.
I love campus and the faculty are super nice and really dedicated to helping, however there are issues, particularly with class scheduling, housing, and public safety.
Start Your Review of Allegheny College
Allegheny College transformed my life -- dedicated professors and coaches, opportunity for every student to perform high-level research, and administrators that care deeply about the liberal arts experience.
Allegheny is an incredible school with a surprisingly long list of majors and minors, and all the Professors here have PhD's. Classes are rigorous but not meaninglessly so, and no matter what you want to do the faculty and staff will work with you to make it happen. The Social scene here is actually surprisingly good-unless its almost finals you can expect there to be a party every weekend, and if parties aren't your thing, many clubs activities you can participate in instead. I don't think you'll find a better education!
Academically, I am very pleased with Allegheny College. Most professors are great at what they do and genuinely care for their students. Additionally, the resources for students are vast in terms of career education, international education, community involvement, and student organizations. The idea of the statement of community is inspiring, but there are occasions when I wish the administration would enforce this more.
At Allegheny College, there is a strong sense of connection with your peers from the moment that you step on the campus! it feels like home.
Allegheny teaches young people to think creatively, express themselves effectively, and engage constructively in multi cultural diverse environments. It’s the Swiss Army knife of undergraduate educations.
The longer I stay on campus the more I am disillusioned and dismayed. Allegheny is presented as a liberal, progressive leader, but it doesn't uphold those values. There have been many instances of racial harassment, sexual assault happens often and the administration is horrible at handling it. There is not adequate access for those with disabilities. Professors are sometimes helpful with student complaints on that front, but there is only so much they can do and they're busy. Students try to take necessary steps, but there's only so much they can do. Administration is just not helpful.
I am very happy with my decision of choosing Allegheny College this is my first year and I really enjoy and love the stay here. Th campus is rich in history and the academics are hard but the professors and staff are always there. The private college was a great fit for me as all of my classes are very small and personal. I am excited and can’t wait to go back this spring 2018.
Allegheny offers such a high level of education! There are so many things to be involved in and so many opportunities.
The academics are good. Rigorous, but good. I wish we had more accountability for both staff and students. Staff often get away with disrespecting students, especially minorities, and students get away with a lot of disciplinary problems that they shouldn’t (ESPECIALLY sexual assault/harassment)
This school was the best choice I have ever made. It prepared me for life while providing me with an excellent education and fantastic research experience. The school does truly provide an advantage for all future endeavors.
I love Allegheny College for its beautiful campus. The brick roads and trees creates a homely, comfortable environment that is simply unmatched by any other college that I have visited. In addition, the updated sciences building is a perfect example of sustainability on campus.
Classes and rigorous, however you will learn a lot. Most professors have office hours where you can ask questions if needed. The professors genuinely want their students to succeed, and are willing to help in any way. Tuition is expensive and off-campus housing is not available unless you are from the area.
Allegheny College is a great place. The people there are great if you make the right friends. The party scene is all what you make it. You can have more fun than a huge school, but you can also have no fun at all. It is what you put into it. Meadville is a great little town. The local bars are awesome as well as the food. If you enjoy the outdoors you cannot beat the area. Hunting, fishing, hiking; Its all there. The education itself is very hard and rigorous. It is not an easy school. But you get one of the best educations you can get. The professors are great and truly nice people. They want you to succeed but will push you at the same time. Allegheny College isn't for everybody. But if you decide to attend you'll be sure to leave with some great memories, a great education, best friends, and a constant craving for Market House. #gatorbounce
Allegheny College is a great four year college with a beautiful campus and amazing staff. The academics at Allegheny are highly ranked with the school being a liberal arts school. The college takes the safety of their students seriously to help improve student life on campus. Allegheny offers a lot of opportunities for internships which help to build connections for jobs after college. Living at Allegheny is comfortable with cozy dorm, housing, and apartment options.
Start Your Review of Allegheny College
The moment I stepped on the campus I knew I was home. Several people reached out to me during my orientation period before moving to the campus. During an open house, I was greeted by several staff members and they all asked me about why I became a Gator. My first week of class I will have to have surgery and had several students reach out to me to let me know about their organizations (and also if I needed any help). I have never felt more welcome or loved in a learning environment. This was a huge step for me, and the community made it so much easier. I knew I made the right decision.
Allegheny College is the perfect school to attend if you're a little confused about what you want to do in life, but you know you need to be in college. You do not have to declare a major for two years and graduation requirements are generic that multiple classes can satisfy many of them. The teaching environment is always open and friendly with the smaller class sizes, so it truly feels like your teachers get to know you. Getting involved is also super easy, because we have Greek Life, Varsity Sports, Intramural Sports, Clubs, and many jobs on campus for students to be apart of.
Allegheny is a rigorous school that expects a lot, but the professors are invested in helping students succeed and most are role models and good instructors. The overall atmosphere is also a very friendly and welcoming one. However, costs are constantly increasing while aid stays the same, so I'm always feeling like the administration only sees dollar signs, no matter how much I contribute to the school's success. The drinking culture on campus is quite prevalent and annoying. Residence Life does not know how to pick it's RAs properly.