Allegheny College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.64 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.68 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.68 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.65 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.73 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.30 responses
Allegheny College Reviews
Allegheny is a hidden gem to American private liberal arts colleges. It has truly changed the ways that I interact with academics, people, and view the world. You'll build connections across disciplines while adding new, challenging, and diverse experiences from faculty, clubs, sports, music, the outdoors, art, and finding your own path. It's easy to run with a passion that you hold and just as easy to tap into the passions of others with more than 120 clubs represented on a campus of ~2000 students. Prepare to be amazed and changed!
Allegheny is a place for good students to become great people. I went on from Allegheny to get my Masters degree from an elite school. While Allegheny may not be an elite college, you will get a top-notch education. Comparing the two experiences- Allegheny students are just as intelligent and hardworking as elite college students, often more so, but without the pretension. Allegheny students might not have had the test scores or GPA to get into an elite school, but they have the curious, intelligence, and work ethic to. Allegheny students are kind and accepting. They are open. They are caring. I wouldn't trade my Allegheny experience for any other.
Allegheny College is a great four year college with a beautiful campus and amazing staff. The academics at Allegheny are highly ranked with the school being a liberal arts school. The college takes the safety of their students seriously to help improve student life on campus. Allegheny offers a lot of opportunities for internships which help to build connections for jobs after college. Living at Allegheny is comfortable with cozy dorm, housing, and apartment options.