Allegheny College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.64 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.68 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.68 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.65 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.73 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.30 responses
Allegheny College Reviews
Allegheny is a hidden gem to American private liberal arts colleges. It has truly changed the ways that I interact with academics, people, and view the world. You'll build connections across disciplines while adding new, challenging, and diverse experiences from faculty, clubs, sports, music, the outdoors, art, and finding your own path. It's easy to run with a passion that you hold and just as easy to tap into the passions of others with more than 120 clubs represented on a campus of ~2000 students. Prepare to be amazed and changed!
The longer I stay on campus the more I am disillusioned and dismayed. Allegheny is presented as a liberal, progressive leader, but it doesn't uphold those values. There have been many instances of racial harassment, sexual assault happens often and the administration is horrible at handling it. There is not adequate access for those with disabilities. Professors are sometimes helpful with student complaints on that front, but there is only so much they can do and they're busy. Students try to take necessary steps, but there's only so much they can do. Administration is just not helpful.
Allegheny is an incredible school with a surprisingly long list of majors and minors, and all the Professors here have PhD's. Classes are rigorous but not meaninglessly so, and no matter what you want to do the faculty and staff will work with you to make it happen. The Social scene here is actually surprisingly good-unless its almost finals you can expect there to be a party every weekend, and if parties aren't your thing, many clubs activities you can participate in instead. I don't think you'll find a better education!