Allegany College of Maryland Reviews

Allegany College of Maryland is located in rural Western Maryland offering many different unique opportunities in it's surrounding area. The classes are not over crowded allowing for more interaction between the professors and students and the professors really seem to care about your education. The professors I have had want students to succeed and offer their assistance whenever asked. If you are not doing well in a class they will offer on their own after class. If eligible for their Pathways to Success program, I highly recommend that. It involves one on one tutoring and the people are genuinely interested in how you are doing and if there is anything they can do to help you.
Good community college. Small classes, so you can build a good relationship with classmates and professors. Many chances to get tutoring with tutoring labs and one on one with professors. Very nice, well kept campus. Only giving four stars because it could use some minor improvements, but overall its a great college.
I just started back to college after having my position terminated, so my time is open.
Review Allegany College of Maryland
I haven't gotten that far yet.
I have just completed two summer courses with the same instructor. Class sizes were small enough that everyone was able to participate.
Nursing is in the Workforce Shortage Act in Maryland and ACM has a very good nursing program to prepare you for a new career.
I have been accepted into the Pathways for Success program, which has helped be prepare for going back to school.
ACM is a small community college and living in the area, the instructors will share information about the area that everyone can relate to.
They help you with job placement and will let you know if there are job oppurtunities.
Credits are easy to transfer and they have articulation agreements with many schools.
Don't feel very engaged with other students or the professor.
The classes are smaller which gives proffesors the oppurtunity to help every student.
Very affordable and the programs that they have can get you a very promising job.
Teachers work with you and know their subjects very well.
School sometimes can become boring very quickly if you are a person who likes to participate in hands on things.
No one has guaranteed me a job in my field or even made it very clear what job I should apply to.
I'm not sure any degrees anywhere are particularly valuable right now but the teachers seem to take a personal interest in bettering students lives however they can.
Review Allegany College of Maryland
Quite a few classes offered that is like to take are not currently being offered due to lack of demand. I can't say I can fault the school for that although perhaps a little more advertisement on the courses would lead to more sign up.
I haven't started the actual human services program yet but it appears to be a heavy workload but a comfortable environment with teachers and costudents who are passionate about the field.
I love this school. Whenever I have a question there is always someone nearby to help me. I am a breastfeeding mother and one day I asked a random teacher (not even one of my teachers) if she could help me find a place to pump that wasn't in the bathroom and she went above and beyond to help me!