Allegany College of Maryland Reviews

The people are very help full. The pathways program is amazing and the staff are so understanding and care about you and will help you get through a rough patch in my life. The resources they have on campus is very useful
Allegany is for students who are focused and ready to exel in college. Allegany pushes you to be better and you will leave very confident in what you are pursuing.
If you are looking for a college with great Professors. Willing to help and have plenty of patience. Tutoring available for any subject. Then Allegany College of Maryland is the college for you.
Start Your Review of Allegany College of Maryland
All the professors care about each student and how they are doing. They take the time to talk to each student and help with homework or just to answer a question.
Allegany College has an accredited nursing program that has a high pass rate. The program is structured and created to prepare new nurses for success. The instructors are very knowledgeable and there is a “family feel” at this institution!
My favorite parts of my school is that I have the ability to work independently & if I need help I am able to go to a lab in order to get the help that I need . The students and peers are also really cool and fun to be around. I enjoy meeting new people and learning new things. It’s great to work with people that care about their education and future. It’s hard to find that environment today because so many people just don’t care about honesty, hard work & integrity.
The experience of this college is more of how terrible it was for me. This college is the most law breaking colleges in the country and literally true. This campus testing system is the worst before attending they give you questions that isn't understandable at all. The Financial Aid Department is the worst My bad experience with that department was the fact I decided to drop my financial aid and one employee decided to come at my face about having it reinstated. The courses were a joke where I wanted to drop a course and was not allowed too drop a course. The one day I decided to finally leave was not only the factors mentioned but I looked at the wages for the field. So I dropped out in September 2007. If you want to go to a college where your prospects would best suit you then please avoid this one.
I LOVE the college I attend! The teachers are all so nice and so involved with your studies. The campus is beautiful and so easy to navigate. The fellow students are so great and I have made so many new friends!
I have been very impressed with Allegany's commitment to academic excellence. They hold a very high standard for academics to ensure their courses transfer to other schools and their students are well equipped.
I was happy to hear that nursing graduates from ACM are very highly esteemed and hired quickly. The school also has an extremely high NCLEX-RN passing rate.
I wish the office staff was a little friendlier and I haven't had good luck with financial aid which has been frustrating. However, all in all, I have been very happy with the school.
It's not a diverse area & the cafe closes at 2:30 p.m. everyday & closed on weekends making it hard for the ones who live on campus to get meals
I will be starting my second semester in the fall. Its a small campus but that is to be expected because it is a community college. The dorms are four bedroom apartments which are very roomy and convenient. Thee food is great. The area is pretty rural and boring and it can be hard to get around without a car. But my overall experience so far has been great.
Allegany College of Maryland is located in rural Western Maryland offering many different unique opportunities in it's surrounding area. The classes are not over crowded allowing for more interaction between the professors and students and the professors really seem to care about your education. The professors I have had want students to succeed and offer their assistance whenever asked. If you are not doing well in a class they will offer on their own after class. If eligible for their Pathways to Success program, I highly recommend that. It involves one on one tutoring and the people are genuinely interested in how you are doing and if there is anything they can do to help you.
Good community college. Small classes, so you can build a good relationship with classmates and professors. Many chances to get tutoring with tutoring labs and one on one with professors. Very nice, well kept campus. Only giving four stars because it could use some minor improvements, but overall its a great college.
I just started back to college after having my position terminated, so my time is open.
I haven't gotten that far yet.
I have just completed two summer courses with the same instructor. Class sizes were small enough that everyone was able to participate.
Nursing is in the Workforce Shortage Act in Maryland and ACM has a very good nursing program to prepare you for a new career.
Start Your Review of Allegany College of Maryland
I have been accepted into the Pathways for Success program, which has helped be prepare for going back to school.
ACM is a small community college and living in the area, the instructors will share information about the area that everyone can relate to.
They help you with job placement and will let you know if there are job oppurtunities.