Alfred University Reviews

I love the environment of Alfred and the majors and activities it offers. its a beautiful location and area and allows me to peruse many of my interests.
Alfred University is a small school in a small neighborhood, on top of a big hill. Even though the student body is less around 2,000 students, our campus can make a significant impact. Being known for its excellent art program and fantastic scenery, Alfred has an eye for beauty. However, with beauty comes the frosty winter. The shock of the freezing weather comes as an alarm as you didn't realize those first two months was a just a teaser for the real power of winter. Even though the weather could be the party pooper in any function, the facility that works at Alfred University are genuinely fantastic. They strive to make such a small town as Alfred to be known; while allowing students to be as free-spirited, open, and creative. This open atmosphere is an ultimate judgment-free zone, as advisors and student assistance push to open the door many students never knew could've been open.
Alfred University is a great school. The professors do care about how you are doing and want to see you succeed in not only your academic life, but also your personal life. The campus is beautiful and everyone is very friendly and helpful. The biggest downfall would be the food on campus, which is not good at all. Also Alfred is in the middle of no where so if you like going out and doing things it can be hard.
Start Your Review of Alfred University
Alfred is a place where I felt at home and was able to expand my vision with the support of the professors and community members. Every faculty here welcomes you regardless of who you are and where you're from. As a matter of fact, where you're from is very much cherished at Alfred University, and that's what stood up to me most. To me, I wouldn't suggest any changes but just encouragement to the professors, faculty, and staff at Alfred University, to keep doing what they're doing. Also lots of thanks to them for their matchless kindness and care.
The opportunities are numerous for anyone who is willing to better themselves as a future professional
There is a quick response time regarding email inquiries. The staff members are friendly/ cordial and make themselves available.
The best thing about Alfred University is the academics. The professors really want to do whatever they can to help you with any struggles you may be having. The classes are small so you get a more individual experience in the classes you take.
Small upstate New York private university. Not really much to do outside of school work and walking around. The campus is very dangerous during the winter months as only one part of the campus has heated sidewalks to melt snow and ice; myself and other students fell on a regular basis because of the ice. The food is not good and the campus store is super expensive for supplies
The reason I applied and am still continuing at Alfred University is due to its outstanding and versatile Art Studio possibilities. They have many components that others schools do not have such as the National Casting Center for metal work, and their Glass Blowing studio. However their freshmen Foundations Program in art was in my opinion, very unfortunately, a large waste of my time and money. I am a College senior who transferred to Alfred after obtaining a previous degree in a different area of study. This is was led me to be incorrectly placed into a program for freshmen straight out of high school who were not on my level of work ethic, care, and ambition. This was very disappointed to have to endure for months. However I've gotten through this awful course and will be soon taking my real studios. I am very hopeful of Alfred from this point onward.
Alfred University is a good educational school. The tuition is high but they try their best to accommodate to your academic needs. The campus is very nice and small so gives good opportunities for social interactions. There is not much to do around so its good for focusing on school work.
Great place to both attend as a student and work as a graduate! There is definitely something special about this place. Job placement rate is 98%!
I like Alfred University. Most of the professors are really great and help you whenever you need it. The campus scene is very nice and peaceful.
This place is awful. The campus is a tiny, cramped area that is only bearable to look at or live in during the first month of the school year (you are required to live in their horrendous overpriced dorms for 3 years by the way) and there is virtually nothing to do in town or on campus unless you are on a sports team or part of one of the painfully annoying and cliquey student union groups. The party scene is practically non-existent, there is not enough parking, and to top it all off, the food is so bad that people regularly get food poisoning. Also, the year I left, there were students dressing up in makeshift KKK costumes and running around. In short, this place is a hell hole filled with unpleasant people, horrible weather, high cost of living, and mediocre staff and curriculum. You might as well burn your tuition in cash rather than spend it at this dump.
Everyone is very friendly and I made a bunch of friends! I feel like this is a second home to me. I live in an apartment on campus and I make my own food. Alfred made me learn to live independently.
Alfred from what I've seen is a very good college and I'm ready to spend my next four years at this college.
Alfred was an exceptionally friendly college campus. The overall atmosphere was rather warm, even in the cold months with the absurd levels of snow. Activities were ever abundant, and when it was time to work, there were numerous study groups and 24 hour resources available to students, regardless of major. The majority of my professors were not only exceptionally helpful, but also available and flexible when it came to making time for students. Obviously, no place is perfect, and there were some minor butting of heads between the different schools of study within Alfred, which at times would carry into the students perceptions, but overall everyone managed to get along fairly well, regardless of major, race, gender, orientation and the such. It should be noted that the school has an excellent exchange program for those coming from overseas.
I'm a freshman art major, the professors are mostly good, I really recommend the Writing II class, it helped me improve my writing to a more advanced level. Food is meh, be prepared to hike up hills all day.
Start Your Review of Alfred University
The community environment and the amount of attention that the professors are able to give to each student.
Alfred University is a beautiful, small, safe and welcoming campus where students are treated as individuals, professors know their students, and there is plenty of support offered to help students succeed. It is a small university which makes for a less hectic atmosphere, more personal attention, and easier access to academic facilities and resources. Financial aid is generous. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved in clubs and organizations. I'm really happy I chose Alfred Univ.
I love Alfred it was always my top pick in colleges. I love the close knit atmosphere of the college and town. It allows you to get to know your professors and fellow students more. If you like party schools this college isn't really for you. It's quiet and friendly. I actually met my two best friends here.