Alfred University Reviews

An experience like no other. Alfred University has given me a new and positive outlook on my life and future.
Alfred University is surrounded by rolling country side hills and friendly smiles. I love the atmosphere there. It can be underwhelming at times, but I have found that being active and participating helps.
Alfred University is an amazing college. They have a very diverse set of majors and very successful athletic sports teams. The campus is small which is very nice for having all your classes in the same area (Academic Alley), getting to know people from all different majors, and having a small town around us makes it feel as if we are in our own little world. Although our main street may not be big, there are still some pretty delicious places to eat.
Review Alfred University
I loved that the students for the most part at alfred university are kind and full of energy and so are the professors. I love the quiet environment and how safe I feel at the school. If I could change one thing about the school it would be the transportation for students who need to go to the airport and don't have their own car. There should be more buses and cab access to and from the school.
Over all Alfred University is a pretty good school. It's very secluded and there isn't much to do if u don't have a car, so joining clubs is a must. It's a fairly small campus so it isn't much of a hassle getting to classes other than the hills, if you live in openhym like I do. The food is ok at one of the dinning halls and the other is pretty good. But the food is very repetitive and isn't worth the amount of money we pay for our meal plans. The weather is beautiful in the fall but miserable in the winter. Openhym is a very nice dorm but is on the other side of campus, about half mile from the regular dinning Hall. It also has a weird wooden divider in the room which helps give roommates some privacy that the other dorms don't have.
Alfred U is a very very mediocre school. The teachers have biases and there is nothing to do since some of the clubs are too small to be enjoyable. For example club soccer got cancelled because there weren't enough people. Party scene is trash, ITS blows, and the dorms are gross.
The CDC does a phenomenal job providing prospects to students and graduates alike.
The professors are absolutely incredible. Many of them are most obviously have genius level intelligence.
Alfred is a very very safe campus. You'll encounter your drunk and drugged out idiots from time to time but it is always dealt with quickly.
The housing could use some upgrades
As a D3 athletic school, it would be what you expect it to be.
Alfred University is a great school, it is small and you get a lot of personalized attention from the professors.
Our CDC works closely with graduated students to help them find jobs in their area of study and where they live.
If you don't feel safe at night, you can call public safety and they will transport you safely from on location to the other.
I love where I live on campus, and have lived in several different dorms and living spaces. I have also lived off campus, and can say that there is a lot of places available, but they are more expensive than staying on campus.
I can't speak much about the teams, as I am not an athlete, but I do know the teams are very close and education is still a high priority for couches.
I love going to Alfred! The town and the two colleges within the town are amazing and very close knit.
Review Alfred University
We want Greek Life. They forbid Greek Life at Alfred University and I think that is a huge mistake. There will always be parties and there will always be those people who drink too much. But pointing fingers at a student organization that brings the community together, a life time full of friendships, and key skills and assets that companies look for in a employer is just damaging their own reputation. They tried controlling college drinking by abandoning the Greek Life, yet that still hasn't work. It just limits the amount of people who want to attend the school and only a specific group of people that look down on the organization. People that do not support a strong active student organization that develops a honoring reputation with the town and the school. I do believe there could have been better precautions are controlling the drinking situations instead of forbidding Greek Life.
The school spirit is weak for the most part. The only times you truly see any spirit are at competitive basketball, football and softball games. I'm not kidding about the softball. They're one of the best teams to watch on campus, it's like a party in the outfield with everyone getting together in the outfield and rooting them on. Yet there is a large fraction that have not even seen a collegiate game in 3 years of being there. The athletes are all close with each other and I feel that could be intimidating to others who no longer/never played a competitive sport. However, when it is against one of rivals then the crowd definitely gets pumped up.
I love Alfred University. During my visit I fell in love with the atmosphere the school provided. Originally I wanted to go to a large school but I am glad I didn't. I met so many great people not just at Alfred University but at our sister school across the street. With these two school together we contribute so much to the town of Alfred. It's nice to say this is a college town and not for the reason everyone thinks. It makes you feel so connected with everyone you meet because you have something amazing and unique in common. It's small enough where you can stay close to everyone but yet it is so diverse you are meeting great new people everywhere you go. Personally, I would not come back for Grad School because I'd like to spread my wings and be able to leave the school that allowed me to grow into a mature, wise woman. This was one stepping stone of my life and graduate school should be a new one.