Alfred University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.35 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.37 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.36 responses
Most Popular Majors
Materials Engineering28 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering23 Graduates
Business Administration and Management21 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration15 Graduates
Political Science and Government12 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.25 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.50 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 25 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.19 responses
Alfred University Reviews
Alfred was an exceptionally friendly college campus. The overall atmosphere was rather warm, even in the cold months with the absurd levels of snow. Activities were ever abundant, and when it was time to work, there were numerous study groups and 24 hour resources available to students, regardless of major. The majority of my professors were not only exceptionally helpful, but also available and flexible when it came to making time for students. Obviously, no place is perfect, and there were some minor butting of heads between the different schools of study within Alfred, which at times would carry into the students perceptions, but overall everyone managed to get along fairly well, regardless of major, race, gender, orientation and the such. It should be noted that the school has an excellent exchange program for those coming from overseas.
Alfred University is a beautiful, small, safe and welcoming campus where students are treated as individuals, professors know their students, and there is plenty of support offered to help students succeed. It is a small university which makes for a less hectic atmosphere, more personal attention, and easier access to academic facilities and resources. Financial aid is generous. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved in clubs and organizations. I'm really happy I chose Alfred Univ.
Great place to both attend as a student and work as a graduate! There is definitely something special about this place. Job placement rate is 98%!