1. Alexandria, MN
  2. 2 Year

Alexandria Technical & Community College Reviews

I didn't have any credits to transfer so I didn't have to worry about that. I was done with my classes at a good time each day so that I had time to work. I haven't had many troubles or problems and the ones I've had have been taken care of quickly and in the right way.
I took four different online courses at my school and I had a great experience with each one of them. The system was very easy to use. I didn't have any trouble finding my assignments or turning them in. There were spots where I could ask my instructor and classmates questions. There was also a spot for everyone to discuss homework topics. My instructors were great about answering my questions quickly.
There is a student employment service at my school. It is able to send me emails about new job openings in the area. My program advisor also sends me emails when a job in my career field has opened up. I know that once I graduate I will have no problem finding a job in my field.
  • College Senior
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
All of the professors here are great and very helpful. The class sizes are small so that not only do the professors get to know all the students but all the students get to know each other. I love all of my classes. They are challenging and I learn things that I have never learned or thought I would learn before.
There are a lot of great student services at my school. If I ever have a question I know that there is someone around to help me no matter what my question is. My school website has job listings and my professor was a great with helping me get my internship materials together.
  • College Senior
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
I am majoring in medical technology. There are a lot of job openings for my career. All of my professors have been in the same career field as myself so they are very equipped to answer any questions that I have. They give me lots of notes so that I have a better understanding of each of my courses. My courses are challenging but that is one part that makes them fun; the other part is my professors.
I have liked everyone of the professors that I have had. They are all supporting and they want to make sure that their students succeed. My classmates are great and we help each other with homework. I would definitely choose this school again if I had to do it over. It has a very welcoming and comfortable atmosphere.
There are some online classes that do not have a certain time. This was nice so I could do my work when I had time.
Peer interaction is hard because the only relationship we have is through a computer screen. Other points of doing online class is great.
Class sizes are good, teachers are helpful, the layout of the class is in a way that is organized and not too confusing.
Alexandria Technical and Community College is in a small town, so there are not too many opportunities besides engineering.
  • College Junior
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
I chose to do my first year completely online. Sure, somethings were difficult, but anytime I needed help the teachers were quick to respond to my emails. The teachers are caring and treat us like adults.
It's like one big family and very flexible with anything you might have a problem with.
Only took one online class but it was very flexible and manageable and I'm not a online learner to say the least.
Most students have a job secured before they graduate.
  • 10 months ago
  • Value
I love the small tight nit community that comes with being in a smaller college.
Job placement is near 100% with most programs.
  • 10 months ago
  • Value
Very tight nit classes and the instructors care and most importantly they all no your name!
Almost all my previous credits did transfer and it was super easy and hassle free!
The advisors and your professors help you look for jobs or help you get into a different college to finish off your career.
  • Jan 23 2016