Alexandria Technical & Community College Reviews

The expectations are high, but that's what I liked about it because it encourages students to actually work hard and be the best. It is very rewarding.
I went to school here for the Communication Art and Design Program. This college has transfer programs, and amazing financial aid. I went here, and only had to pay for supplies out of pocket. Otherwise my entire debt was covered. There are many jobs surrounding the college dorms/apartment buildings, so you can easily pay off your loans/rent. I had amazing teachers that were more then patient with me, and their focus was to get me to succeed. I'm a better person because of this place, and I'd recommend it to anyone that would like to do a 2 plus 2 tranfer program.
My experience at the Alexandria Technical and Community College was my last resort for a college but I’m so glad that I chose it. The teachers are so helpful and understanding when something comes up. They are always available to answer questions which is very helpful. The students that you meet are so nice and you never feel left out. There is always someone to talk to whether it’s someone you know or not. I’m so glad to have chosen ATCC, it’s made me want to learn and participate in class. They are accepting to all students and everyone is so nice.
Start Your Review of Alexandria Technical & Community College
I went to ATCC from 2011-2013. I started at ATCC to get my GenEd classes done before I made the next step, as I wasn't sure what I wanted to be when I grew up. I ended up finishing my AA degree in Liberal Arts and completing my Welding Technology at the same time. While I chose to join the Navy upon graduation, ATCC gave me the knowledge and skill set needed to succeed. If anyone chooses to take one of their vocational programs, make sure you join SkillsUSA!
I've only been attending since January 2019 and will be graduating this spring with my Associate's Degree. This has been a very nice transition point for me between high school and transferring to a 4-year college.
I really enjoy the campus at Alex Tech. There are two buildings so there's not much of a walk outside on the very cold days. I just wish it wasn't right next to the garbage plant. Sometimes, it smells outside. The insides of each building are each very nice. They have different vibes. The one is more modern and the other is very artsy and nice.
I love attending Alex Tech online. It's convenient, affordable and accommodating. The courses are challenging and I am learning a lot!
Average college atmosphere with great student life activities. However, some student and teachers seem to lack motivation. This college is super cheap, which provides great opportunities to get generals done before transferring somewhere a little more serious.
The college staff are incredibly friendly and easy to talk to. My advisor always had my back and knew what I needed to do next.
I liked the college overall, the program I am taking is pretty new, it is on its 3rd year and there are still some kinks that need to be worked out. The Advisor was pretty good at responding to my questions, she could be a little faster. The college in general is nice.
The program is very deep with information. It's a pretty stressful program. You learn alot and get to go on trips.
Great food, great professors, the professors respond quickly to students and really care about their students. I love my advisor and she sets me up to be successful.
The area is very pretty. They college will work well with transferring and offering PSEO. I currently PSEO there and so far the professors I work with and the people I have met are super helpful and friendly. I could go up to anyone of them and talk to them about something. Its a small college so you get to know people better and connect overall. They don't have dorms cause its only a two year college, but they work very closely with the apartment buildings in the area.
This school is in a very nice, clean, and safe area. The school itself is kept pretty nice. The teachers are all very invested in their students and want to help them succeed. You learn a lot but it's not overpowering to the point where you are super stressed all the time. The people are friendly and welcoming. Overall, it's a great school.
Alexandria Technical College has amazing staff who have so much knowledge and passion for their field and their students. My only 2 wishes that were different were more parking and cheaper housing options near or on campus!
I am currently a PSEO student at Alexandria Technical College and cannot imagine attending as a college student unless I was specifically interested in law enforcement or nursing. The math and (most of) the science professors are excellent, but I do not feel challenged in my other classes.
I didn't have any credits to transfer so I didn't have to worry about that. I was done with my classes at a good time each day so that I had time to work. I haven't had many troubles or problems and the ones I've had have been taken care of quickly and in the right way.
Start Your Review of Alexandria Technical & Community College
I took four different online courses at my school and I had a great experience with each one of them. The system was very easy to use. I didn't have any trouble finding my assignments or turning them in. There were spots where I could ask my instructor and classmates questions. There was also a spot for everyone to discuss homework topics. My instructors were great about answering my questions quickly.
There is a student employment service at my school. It is able to send me emails about new job openings in the area. My program advisor also sends me emails when a job in my career field has opened up. I know that once I graduate I will have no problem finding a job in my field.
All of the professors here are great and very helpful. The class sizes are small so that not only do the professors get to know all the students but all the students get to know each other. I love all of my classes. They are challenging and I learn things that I have never learned or thought I would learn before.