Alderson Broaddus University Reviews

It has been a very good experience at Alderson Broaddus! It’s very quaint and very diverse. It has only 1500 students on the campus. I play football at the university and am also involved in greek life on my campus. It has a lot of things that need to be improved such as a student center, more activities for students, and better opportunities.
small campus, terrible dorms and living spaces. The professors are alright. Lacks professionalism. The town is okay not a lot to do for students you need to drive about 30 mins to get to a decent sized town. Not a lot of food options and the ones on campus are terrible. The dorms are all very old and it shows. So are the buildings it is in serious need to renovation. The staff could definitely improve, they have a lot of attitude problems and are always negative.
I actually transferred to this school this past Fall 2019. I was previously still in WV but at a JUCO (Junior College) for volleyball and so i decided to transfer and continue playing volleyball at the next level. Coming here everyone was very helpful and made my transition to a new school very easy. I love the small campus and class sizes and am glad to have made the choice to transfer here to not only finish out and get my bachelors but luckily still being able to finish out playing the sport that I love.
Start Your Review of Alderson Broaddus University
amazing staff!!! they make you feel like the AB family right off the bat!!!! beautiful campus and a wide verity of degrees. a lot of campus activities that keep you very busy outside of your academics.
I attended AB for a semester this past fall, but transferred out after the semester ended. Early on, I enjoyed my time. The campus community is close-knit and the small class sizes are really nice. However, there is NOTHING to do around campus. The majority of the students are only there to play sports, and it shows with the effort given in class. The sad part is, most of the professors are good at their jobs, but the students don't care enough. Much of the university is in disrepair. The dorms look decent once you get into the rooms, but they're falling apart on the outside, and the school doesn't make much of an effort to fix the problems. There's also no real security presence, which is great if you like to party at the same dorm every weekend, but not great if you want to get a decent night's sleep. AB is also overpriced for the value it offers. I now go to a community college and am taking the same classes for about 1/10th of the cost. Best decision I've ever made.
I love AB with all of my heart. I chose AB because it was small and I wanted to be at a place where I mattered, and that is exactly what I got. It is a small and tight-knit community where you will feel at home right away! AB was the best choice for a school for me. I am so grateful for the experiences and the school.
What I liked about Alderson Broaddus is that the teachers and the students there are awesome and very kind. The school isn't that big so it isn't much of a hassle trying to make it to class on time. What I like most about Alderson Broaddus is that people take so much pride in the school and the support that each sport gets is outstanding.
This is coming from a fellow student at Alderson Broaddus University, coming to this school was one of the worst decision I've ever made. I came to this school to continue with my athletic career and not really looking at reviews. First the student life is comparable to living under a rock. Every dorm on campus having some damage to it with leaking, walls paper thin, mold growing. You can't live in a house of campus so experiencing the college experience is not a thing at this school. Current students say in person to each other and on the internet that going to AB is "depression" and that is the truest word to describe this college. I transferred out and went to a new school and sitting in a classroom for one week, I already knew that I was getting a way better education. The food is comparable to eating cardboard. This is the worst college in America, do not let yourself go to this school, son/ daughter or anyone thinking about going there. It's a JOKE
Alderson Broaddus is a private school with small class sizes and friendly people. It is located in a small town with little activities, but the school makes up for it through their programs and athletics. Everyone knows everyone at Alderson Broaddus University.
There is a lot of disorganization at this school. The campus is quite and inviting. the structures could use some updating. The teachers are nice. The campus is clean and small.
I have only spent one year at Alderson Broaddus. I really like it here. They classes are challenging but the professors care about your success. The student body here is diverse and friendly. Dorm life is good. And after talking to students at other colleges, the food is very good.
Very friendly environment, although there is not a significant amount of diversity. University is getting better, but they are very close minded on liberal points of view. New president (Berry) is excellent in making changes in the university. Is on probation for accreditation, but not due to academics. Nursing and pre-medical programs are beyond excellent.
Education was very unorganized. Some teachers do not care. Facilities on campus not always available. Not enough parking. Not enough student activities available to students. On campus weight rooms not available enough. No cameras anywhere on campus. Students are disrespectful to campus. BGU is a great dorm. Other dorms are very old and need updated. Food is awful. Campus is located in the middle of nowhere. 40 minute drive to Walmart.
AB defaulted on $36 million of college bonds in 2015. After the default the then current president resigned. Since then the college finances have worsened. The accreditation for the college was put on probation in June 2017 because of this issue. If the college loses its accreditation you will not have a valid degree when you "graduate." Also, if you need a professional license to practice (for example a nurse) you will not be eligible if your degree is from an unaccredited college. Colleges do go out of business for financial reasons and the trend is expected to worsen. Buyer beware and consider the financial outlook for this school before committing your time and money.
My overall experience at Alderson Broaddus University has been very good. I have taken several classes here throughout the three years that I have been enrolled here and have learned so much in all of them. The atmosphere is great, the teachers are very helpful, and the students are for the most part very friendly.
Great School with fantastic athletics looking to boost the food in the cafe just a little but other than that great overall school.
Alderson Broaddus University is a small, private 4-year christian university. I enjoy the small classroom sizes. The professors here truly work hard to see that we succeed. Unlike a larger university, here at ABU, when we fall behind a little bit, If you truly tried your hardest the professors here will take time out of their day to help you learn the information one on one.
Here at ABU, there are something I would like to see change for example the food selection on campus, the library could stay open a little later than midnight. And there should be a few more campus security gaurds walking around in my opinion.
Every college/university could use some improvements. Overall if you are looking for a small classroom-sized, home stlye university. Alderson Broaddus is a great choice. Also, we are in the center of mountainy West Virginia. In the fall the leaves and surrounding mountains are absolutely beautiful!
Start Your Review of Alderson Broaddus University
I love the campus and faculty here! I really hope they do not lose the accreditation because it feels like home to me.
Alderson Broaddus is a small school on the mountain top that makes you feel like you have the world at your hand. The school over all was a great school but I feel like the resources that were available especially in the science department, that's where the majority of my time was spent, need to be upgraded tremendously. The school is really trying to satisfy the needs of the incoming students and I appreciate that fact. I met some of my closest friends at AB and it will always hold a special place in my heart.
I love everything about this school. There isn't anything you could expect from this school that they don't give you on the first day. The athletes and non-athletes are all students alike. The young men and women work hard to get through the rough days.