1. Philippi, WV
  2. 4 Year

Alderson Broaddus College Reviews

My older brother went to ABU and it was lovely for him. The only problem that needs fixed is they need cameras outside in the parking lots because students tend to get beat up of mugged and its wrong.
This college is pathetic and should be shut down. It is a waste of time and money. I transferred after my first year because both of my majors only had two professors on staff.
Attending a smaller school did have its advantages. For example, interaction and feedback between the professor and student was a lot easier. When you attend a small school, you have a chance to build a relationship with your professors and really get your full education experience, versus going to a big university and just being another body in the classroom. Smaller class sizes, in my opinion, allow you to learn more efficiently. On the other hand, this school does not offer many things to do outside of the classroom. It can get extremely boring at times. As long as education is your number one focus, it is okay. Another thing that was not too good is the food. There is not very many options in the town of the university and the food choices on campus are not the greatest.
Many students are hired in the area right out of school.
  • 5 months ago
  • Value
There is rarely a time when you do not see security on campus walking around or driving by.
I live in Kincaid which is an older dorm and it is pretty nice.
  • 5 months ago
  • Housing
We only have local greek clubs and only 8 on campus, so Greek life is limited and not very popular.
Our school is very small and nearly every student plays a sport, so our school revolves around athletics.
The only complaint about my school is that it is so small only certain amount of classes are offered, but all the classes I need for my major are offered at the same time.
I think its okay when comes to these things
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
Courses overall are great at AB. You can always go to a professor for extra help
Health & safety is seriously taken into effect
There is a different style for housing for every type of person on campus which is very important.
  • 7 months ago
  • Housing
Greek life can always be seen doing active things on campus that doesn't involve just partying.
Athletics on campus is a big part of what brings everyone together. It is very family oriented.
Experience has been a once in a journey. Most professors teach the class effectively and the area of the school has beautiful scenery.
I have been very happy with my overall experience.
Good quality sports progams, soccer program stands out!
I absolutely love the dorm I live in, and I'm very excited to be in the same dorms again. It is relatively easy to get the dorm you want, and overall students seem pleased with all the living spaces.
  • College Freshman
  • 10 months ago
  • Housing
Greek life at AB does not run the school due to the population size. They still do many activities, and most people hope to be involved or get along with the people that are involved in Greek life.