Alderson Broaddus College Reviews

Alderson Broaddus University is a small, private 4-year christian university. I enjoy the small classroom sizes. The professors here truly work hard to see that we succeed. Unlike a larger university, here at ABU, when we fall behind a little bit, If you truly tried your hardest the professors here will take time out of their day to help you learn the information one on one.
Here at ABU, there are something I would like to see change for example the food selection on campus, the library could stay open a little later than midnight. And there should be a few more campus security gaurds walking around in my opinion.
Every college/university could use some improvements. Overall if you are looking for a small classroom-sized, home stlye university. Alderson Broaddus is a great choice. Also, we are in the center of mountainy West Virginia. In the fall the leaves and surrounding mountains are absolutely beautiful!
I love the campus and faculty here! I really hope they do not lose the accreditation because it feels like home to me.
Alderson Broaddus is a small school on the mountain top that makes you feel like you have the world at your hand. The school over all was a great school but I feel like the resources that were available especially in the science department, that's where the majority of my time was spent, need to be upgraded tremendously. The school is really trying to satisfy the needs of the incoming students and I appreciate that fact. I met some of my closest friends at AB and it will always hold a special place in my heart.
Start Your Review of Alderson Broaddus College
I love everything about this school. There isn't anything you could expect from this school that they don't give you on the first day. The athletes and non-athletes are all students alike. The young men and women work hard to get through the rough days.
Small but get to know everyone. Good for making and keeping friends. The sports teams are fun to watch and its an overall great experience.
It's a small college and I love that everyone is involved there. The athletic programs are amazing also.
Pros - AB does offer some generous athletic and academic scholarships. Small class sizes. Has a few brand new buildings and athletic facilities.

Cons - Limited selection of majors. A lot of the dorms are complete crap. Filthy. Run down. Check the bathrooms in the chapel and admin buildings. Seems the university has no money for basic things such as these. School defaulted on large debt in 2015, but this may now be resolved. No new public info on the bond default.
Alderson Broaddus is a beautiful school located in the mountains. The interaction with students is typically a high level considering most students here are athletes, we all know one another or support sporting events. The professors understand that student athletes miss a lot of class so they work well with them one on one.
My older brother went to ABU and it was lovely for him. The only problem that needs fixed is they need cameras outside in the parking lots because students tend to get beat up of mugged and its wrong.
This college is pathetic and should be shut down. It is a waste of time and money. I transferred after my first year because both of my majors only had two professors on staff.
Attending a smaller school did have its advantages. For example, interaction and feedback between the professor and student was a lot easier. When you attend a small school, you have a chance to build a relationship with your professors and really get your full education experience, versus going to a big university and just being another body in the classroom. Smaller class sizes, in my opinion, allow you to learn more efficiently. On the other hand, this school does not offer many things to do outside of the classroom. It can get extremely boring at times. As long as education is your number one focus, it is okay. Another thing that was not too good is the food. There is not very many options in the town of the university and the food choices on campus are not the greatest.
Many students are hired in the area right out of school.
There is rarely a time when you do not see security on campus walking around or driving by.
I live in Kincaid which is an older dorm and it is pretty nice.
We only have local greek clubs and only 8 on campus, so Greek life is limited and not very popular.
Our school is very small and nearly every student plays a sport, so our school revolves around athletics.
The only complaint about my school is that it is so small only certain amount of classes are offered, but all the classes I need for my major are offered at the same time.
Start Your Review of Alderson Broaddus College
Courses overall are great at AB. You can always go to a professor for extra help
I think its okay when comes to these things
Health & safety is seriously taken into effect