Alcorn State University Reviews

There is nothing that you can do!! It is in the middle of nowhere and the admissions office doesn't work!!!!!
I like how the people are very welcoming and nice. The people here are very grasping, but there are a few things that can change as far as the campus. There is so much spacing and open areas around here that there can more activities or something to keep the students to stay on campus. There is not much to do over the weekends even after having all of your work completed. There needs to be more resources on campus as far as the weekends for students who do not have cars and do not have family or any where else to go.
Having a great experience, love this school and the community here. There is a lot of school spirit and everyone is warming.
Start Your Review of Alcorn State University
At first I don't know how my first college experience was going to go,but as I got to know the campus and my classmate my experience turned out to be great.
Even though it’s in the country, it wasn't all that bad. It gives you a chance to figure yourself out and learn about yourself. My overall experience was great I had a blast my freshman year! The students, facility/staff, and alumni really take pride in their school!!
I love the professions and the way the classes are setup. Also the living conditions are very good.The food is amazing as well.
I love that alcorn has a family environment. If I could change one thing it would be the customer service through administrations to the students.
I like Alcorn's atmosphere and classes. One thing I would change is faster service in the financial aid office. There are many students here that are doing it by themselves and need extra help with it.
I can't say whether or not my time has been fruitful at Alcorn yet. But I can only hope that the next three years of my education can manage to do me the justice of proving my 1st sentence wrong.
This school overall is a excellent choice. Everything about this school is wonderful, the professors care and will help in anyway necessary.
I absolutely love my university! The atmosphere and people are very warm and welcoming. Classroom sizes are fairly small which makes the student/teacher relationship more intimate. It's a small campus which makes the student body much closer than others. Football, Sounds of Dynomite (the band), tailgating, homecoming, and Greek life are all big aspects of life at Alcorn. Ultimately, Alcorn State University is a true HBCU experience and I honestly believe I made the best decision by attending this institution.
I like the serene atmosphere at the school, and they have some mouth-watering delicacies at their cafteria
When I first visited the campus it was the Annual High School Day, so it was a great time for me to see the student life and school spirit that the University has to offer. The only con about this visit is that I wasn’t able to also see the educational benefits that are available. Then, I decided to schedule another visit to get a better look at the academic programs. This personalized tour gave me the opportunity to see that this is a college I can see myself at and still feel at home.
Well, the first thing I liked was how big it was. What I didn't like was the fact that its back in the woods it felt like I was in the middle of nowhere. They didn't have any stores like I'm used to but the scenery made up for it. It was so peaceful and the air smelled so clean if they would turn down how much they partied then my Saturday nights would be also peaceful. The food is ok but I wish they didn't serve pork because I'm allergic to any type of pig the mere smell of it and I get sick. I like the fact that you have to walk everywhere it keeps me in shape that's for sure. All in all my Alcorn experience was good and bad I would definitely recommend it to anybody.
I enjoy being in college because I can make my own decisions without anyone’s opinion or comments. I can effectively manage my time and responsibilities. And also, having responsibilities to achieve everyday. I spend time with my friends and do my work at the same time. We find ways to keep ourselves entertained and busy but we enjoy having a little fun every once in a while. I would like for us to have more activities and associations on campus as well such as movies, swimming, and bowling but HBCU’s doesn’t contain the most profits. I wish people will give back more to HBCU’s because black excellence is going in style.
Alcorn State University has a great family environment and inclusive atmosphere. The Alcorn Braves are very school spirited and have a variety of on-campus activities for students to be involved in. The sports program is phenomenal and the HBCU atmosphere is amazing. Students will love seeing all different typed of organizations including SGA, fraternities,sororities, and other student success oriented clubs. Alcorn is a great choice for any student wanting to have a great academic experience
I have never attened ASU but i have heard that the academics are very succesful. I have also heard they they have a great nursing and agriculture program.
Start Your Review of Alcorn State University
Since transferring over from Hinds Community College, the transition has been mediocre at best. Alcorn has a lot of pros don't get me wrong, but has just as many cons if not more. Lets's start with the pros first; the classroom settings aren't like your traditional universities.
Another pro would be the campus food. I come from New Orleans, LA and I know good when I see it and taste it. Of course, on some days there are some hiccups, but overall the food is pretty decent.
Now on to what makes this school terrible. For starters, some of the faculty members are the rudest people I've ever met. Now granted There are some people here that actually do their job, however, they are over shadowed by the other's laziness. And Lets talk about the damn wifi here. How are you a university in 2018, but your still running on bell south speeds? The wifi works when it wants to which makes it a lot more difficult to perform task for the school.
My experience at Alcorn State University has been pretty fair. At the moment, I rated it three starts because the people at the financial aid office won’t even allow me to register this semester! I have to have the money that I owe first! And because of this I am at a loss for words. I’m not sure what I should do or how to go about enrolling in school for this semester.
Alcorn is a family oriented school that makes you feel at home the minute you step on campus. Fresh and friendly faces, beautiful dormitories, mouth watering cafe with high end foods.. Although the school is in the country, it definitely has that Southern hospitality vibe to it. Alcorn has the number one nursing program along with other top ranking programs in the South.