Albany State University Reviews

1,235 reviews
The college is close to my house, is easy to reach not to big of a college, safe
would like to see the students in the financial aid to be more knowledgeable about financial aid.
My overall experience at the Unsinkable Albany State University has been amazing. I have had so many doors open for me through ASU. The Student life is amazing and very well involved with the students. My favorite part about asu is the professors. they go out their way to make sure every student is successful withing their major.
The campus is small and one side floods during heavy rains. The newer buildings are on the east side of campus and the older ones show water lines from past floods.
Start Your Review of Albany State University
What I like about Albany state is that it is a HBCU. With me being an African American, attending an HBCU would keep me apart of my culture and it will be an amazing experience.
What I like about Albany State is that its an Historically Black College. When I first came it was very professional and I enjoyed the people that I met and the parties that I use to go to. Now with the merge the students has become horrible and the setting of HBCU'S has a horrible. Maybe the experience has been bitter sweet because I am ready for graduate school at an Predominantly White Institution. I have learned a lot of life lessons here at Albany State University but now its time for a new change of scenery
I took a tour over to Albany state university and I have to say it really caught my eye. when I talk to the students that go there it was like hearing good news. Albany is a perfect place for me and I cant wait to be part of the rams.
Albany State University has many great organizations and are very open to new people. There will always be someone around to help you. They keep the students well informed and updated.
Albany State is the perfect example of a school with everything! There are many professors that wish to see the students do well. They work diligently and effectively to help students that may be struggling. Apart from academics, the "fun-side" of ASU is that there is always something to do. Students are constantly interacting with one another in the game rooms, cafeteria, and even on the yard. Not to mention, ASU is an HBCU and is UNSINKABLE! I think the food could be a little bit better, but I definitely can NOT miss the fried chicken on Wednesdays. It's the absolute best.
I currently go to the unsinkable Albany state university , its a HBCU the best of the best. majority of everyone is friendly a lot of people love hanging out and conversant in the union. the union is a place where everyone is able to come together and talk, laugh, we usually have a dj in there every Wednesday and that's when everyone comes out.
My experience at Albany State University was overall a great experience.The diversity and friendly and relate able staff made things more placid.Overall just the atmosphere its self is so compelling.
It’s a Great school just in a boring area with really not much to do but on campus is fun and there is always something to do.
what I like about Albany State University is the great diversity between characters and personality. I love how complex the diversity is between male and female.
Albany State University has the ability to be a great school if they would listen to the needs and concerns of their students. The one thing that I love about ASU is that it feels like a family because it is a small university and most professors will work with you. Unfortunately the Greek life is basically non-existent. The only reason I am still at ASU is because I am from Albany, Ga.
I like that there are a lot of people to the point where you are not singled out at anytime. Something that needs to change at Albany is some of the dorms. Two of them have community showers and they should re-model them.
Overall, Albany State University is a great college. We have two campuses and bus transportation that takes us back and forth. The two campuses are not the same. Whatever help anyone needs, can go to either campus to receive assistance. Although the cafe food is terrible, there are other spots on campus students can get food from.
Albany State is a great school to attend. I have grew up a lot mentally since attending and learned a lot through different experiences. One of the things that I would like to see change in Albany State is the campus life for the students. I think there isn't enough school pride and student activities going on around campus to get students involved. I would also like to see a change in the eating facilities. Many of the cafeteria workers does not seem to be advanced into cooking simple dishes such as stir fry and different salads that are put together. I would also like to see a bigger cafeteria made. The high school that I attended had a bigger cafeteria than Albany State cafeteria.
My experience at Albany State University has been very rocky. My first semester of freshman year here was stressful due to financial aid and admissions office, they’re very unorganized and last minute with everything and it puts a lot of pressure on the students. As far as academics I would rate it a 4 star. Since I’ve been here my professors have been good so far
Start Your Review of Albany State University
The professors there are organized and answer their emails in a timely manner. The campus is easily accessible because there is a east and a west campus. Overall the school is pretty good especially for nursing.
Albany State University is a great HBCU! From freshman orientation to move-in day, I've always felt as if I were in good hands. The housing staff, professors, and school staff are all very helpful, friendly, and family oriented! Professors are very thorough with lectures, learning material, and what is expected. Study groups are a plus! With the awesome interaction between peers and countless ways of communication, study groups are highly encouraged at ASU, and proven effective! Also, there are many tutoring sessions. There is no reason students should fail. Parties are awesome and anything to imagine! Campus life is amazing; however, some greek organizations are not on the yard. I love my HBCU and will definitely recommend to anyone to attend.
The financial aid office is a sad excuse, they don’t care. The instructors are ok, but really didn’t want to spend the extra money to go through 2 separate programs.