Albany State University Reviews

1,265 reviews
What I liked about Albany State is that it has become a well diverse place but yet still holding onto its rich history. One of the greatest HBCU n the country ASU has evolved into a leader in higher education. This helped me to become knowledgeable in my field of study. The way that my Instructors delivered the course was amazing. If there was anything that I would change or make better is to add more online classes.
The school is big and its very pretty. Between both campuses the students are all hard working and focused. the school seems pretty competitive. The food isn't the best but there are many restaurants on campus to make up for it.
Great experience of college at this institution. Can call this place home after a while. Community comes together at times of need.
Start Your Review of Albany State University
I love Albany I’m just trying to get back, I wish the finacial system wasn’t like it is because it’s causeing a huge drop out rate .
What I love about Albany State University is that the food is amazing here, and it also has a pretty campus. What I do not like about Albany State University is that it has very poor diversity.
Albany State University is a university located in Albany, Georgia. It is formed by two campuses: West campus and East campus. The East campus is located in Downtown Albany, and the West campus is located in Pretoria Road. The East campus is the main campus, it is bigger and offer more classes and courses than what the West campus does. The teachers are really good. They are always available for the students. There are not to many students from other states, pretty much everybody lives in Albany and surroundings. The school has a really good Baseball and Baseball team. The cafeteria always has a variety of meals like: pizza, chicken, beef, salads, and they also have a Starbucks on the East campus. I would not change anything of it, because each school has its own characteristics which make it unique and different from the rest. The professors, the student life, and the environment are going to make anyone have an awesome experience there that they will never forget.
Great nursing program! The admissions and academic team were very helpful. They went above and beyond to help me and my friend get into the school.
I like SUNY Albany because it is a very diverse environment and offers a great amount of classes. What I don't like however is that being that the school is so big, the lectures consists of sometimes 100's of students, you hardly get that family like environment feeling.
Albany state really help me find myself and come out my shy shell. I learned so much about just being vocal and they make me very comfortable with myself. Every here is like a big family we all help each other. The athletics here are amazing I love to go support them and they never let down. The food is great and definitely on fried chicken Wednesday we have done of the best cooks
I currently attend this sad excuse for a school and for starters im put into a dormitory that I have a email from them telling me that is "temporary" the hall is called Gibson hall and the RA's or whomever is in charge is SO rude for no reason which is probably why nobody take them serious. I went to the housing and residence life office and they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned living in Gibson hall was temporary. I actually balled my eyes out when I moved into Gibson Hall because of how nasty and old everything looked, plus the Community bathrooms with females who do not know to clean up after themselves. Mind you there is a housing overflow at this school which is so annoying and sad. Everything is unorganized and majority to all of their food options are closed or lacking something everyday. Never consistent. Worst decision I ever made was coming here, I pray every night for a miracle.
My experience at Albany State University has been good as far as the classes go. The campus life is really nice, and the athletics are good as well. The music department is very good.
I like the environment. the students and instructors are very friendly and helpful. but one thing I would like for them to change at the school is the acceptance rate. they accept way too many people that there isn't enough space in the housing provided.
Overall Albany State University is a great school ! The student to professor ratio is amazing ! The people here are great its like a big family. The campus isn't too big so that's great because you will not get lost. We have a variety of degree programs and certification programs. Lost of activities on campus and room for more to grow . We just merged with Darton State College so we have 2 campuses (East and West). I would recommend anyone to come to ASU for a great college
It's a good college overall but they can do better with admissions and financial aid process they are very slow when it comes to helping you.
Albany State University gave me the foundation for my success. Everything I have accomplished I owe to Albany State University. Not only did I depart ASU with a college degree but a Commission in the US Army as well. ASU gave me the foundation to earn both a master's degree and a doctoral degree. After teaching for 24 years as a college professor I am now doing postdoctoral work at Princeton (PTS). I have traveled the world and enjoyed occupying spaces that otherwise would have been unimaginable had it not been for the foundation laid at Albany State University! I am and will forever be indebted to ASU.
Dr. Larry Covin, Jr.
I had a great experience at ASU, peiple there are so nice and friendly, there inviting and theres always things going on around campus. It has a gorgeous campus with some of the best campus police officers in the world. The Unsinkable Albany State University isnt perfect but shes my alma mater and I would recommend her to anyone looking to acheive excellence
I LOVE my HBCU I will rep the school until death do us apart! This university has allowed me to find myself with myself if that make sense! This university allowed you to be free and get to know others and network and brand yourself so that you can be the best you possible!
Start Your Review of Albany State University
I think Albany state is a great school to further my career and education experiences. In August I will be attending this university as a upcoming freshman majoring in mass media/communications. I just really excited to attend this school and meet new people. Also because this school allows students to realize their potential. Student are able to gains many qualities, skills, and techniques that can use once they move from college to the real world. Also ASU is a small campus where students are able to get tutoring session, quality time with professors, and network on the campus.
When it comes to students and campus living I give this school a 5. You meet very enthusiastic students and there is a very positive aura within the environment. Classes and faculty get a 3. Having two campuses to get to in one day for classes can quickly become a hassle. If a “one campus for classes” system was put into place I think it would make the campus better.
I love the environment ASU provides for every student and how they care for anyone that steps foot into their university.Every course applies to your major one way or another you learn about things you'll need to succeed in your career. You feel as if you're at home once you get into all the different aspects Albany state has to offer so that you can enjoy yourself.