Albany State University Reviews

i like how the campus is and like the people around. they are really friendly and all of them get along with each other
I have had a lot of trouble with this school. They lost my social security number costing me two sets of class credit and a lot a stress. As well they rarely are able to answer questions in a timely manor.
If only zero stars is possible! I dreaded going here! After three years of delaying, I finally applied. I applied months (April or May) ahead of the deadline and still had to wait to get accepted just a few days before the start of school (in August). The admission to the school is very prolonged. The entire admissions department is unorganized.
The financial aid office are scammers. I believe they are back to stealing student's money.
In conclusion HBCU where? Historically black people who are everything but what they should be. This has been a lesson that I have learned. I have wasted much of my time. This school paints a picture of being all that and some but they are not. Freshmen are truly fooled (especially out of town students). I hate they merged and took over Darton State College!
Review Albany State University
I am a freshman at Albany state university ! I am enjoying my time so far! The school is work friendly , and I also feel really Safe while traveling from class to class! Albany state is a great learning place and has amazing academics choice for students such as myself ! I a looking forward to fragyating from Albany state in 2021 , with my bachelors degree! The only thing that could be better is the timing for the transportation bus. I have overheard students complaining about how late the bus can be sometimes ; which causes them to be a bit late to class.
I love that Albany state is so big and open. You can literally make friends with anyone because most people are so nice. The housing is great and so it the food.
from when i have spoken to people at Albany state they are very nice and made sure all my questions were answered, only problem is that it takes forever to get into contact with them.
Albany State University is an okay college. I have had some good professors, but the school needs some improvements. For example, the financial aid department is not the best and it's a headache to register for classes.
When I first stepped on Albany campus its was so much excitement. The way they greet people and help is so wonderful. The dorms are nice and clean.
I love ASU! Even though I am a former student of Darton State College I have adapted well to the merger and I really enjoy the new faces and new teaching styles. Great school with an even better mission.
Can find fun and entertainment on and off campus. Much help provided for classes. Various study sessions and library opportunities that are easy to locate and attend.
I love going to this school. I'm always eager to get back during breaks and I never want to leave. Events are great and the people here stick together
Albany State University is more than just a university, its home. ASU just recently merged with another local college, Darton, and the population has grown tremendously. The student population is a huge family that supports one another. This university has taught me responsiblity and proactiveness. I love my HBCU!
Well I'm a rising freshmen at Albany State , so I really don't have any experience their except for having freshmen orientation . The things that I would like too change about the school is keeping the bugs at the dinning hall area , more sanitize area , and also adding more extra clubs that the students may like too have .
Albany State University is centered around our students, supporting and making sure resources are available to those in need.
I really loved the excitement there at ASU, I would like for the cafeteria food to change because the food was not that delicious, but overall i ate it because I was very hungry. Another thing is I would like for them to be more organize some stuff I didnt understand and was looking for people to explain what it is or how to do, but overall I like the school and I’m really hoping and excited to spend my four college years at the great ALBANY STATE UNIVERSITY!!!
Albany State University is a great HBCU! From freshman orientation to move-in day, I've always felt as if I were in good hands. The housing staff, professors, and school staff are all very helpful, friendly, and family oriented! Professors are very thorough with lectures, learning material, and what is expected. Study groups are a plus! With the awesome interaction between peers and countless ways of communication, study groups are highly encouraged at ASU, and proven effective! Also, there are many tutoring sessions. There is no reason students should fail. Parties are awesome and anything to imagine! Campus life is amazing; however, some greek organizations are not on the yard. I love my HBCU and will definitely recommend to anyone to attend.
I'll be a junior this fall and this was the first time I was away from home. And some of my friends from my high school are there too. We were welcome by the resident assistant in the dorms. Everyone helped us with the transition. The main thing that we had to adjust to was the hot weather.
Review Albany State University
My experience at ASU has been very fun and beneficial. I've been able to network with many people that's in my field of choice towards my career.
ASU has its ups and downs such as many other universities. I believe that Albany is a good university . The ratio of professors to students and very great in my eyes. The professors actually care about theirs students and want to see us succeed.
This is a great college to go to because the teacher will try and work with you on what you are trying to do in life