Albany College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences Reviews

ACPHS is definitely a great school of choice if you are dead-set on a career in pharmacy or health sciences. While the education is rigorous and challenging, it's the sort of challenging that has you feeling accomplished after you do well on a difficult assignment--stressful, but overall worthwhile. The food does get old after a few weeks, but it's by no means bad. It's just the frequency of eating the same things over and over, due to the little variety. But overall, picking this school is a decision I do not regret and I look forward to continuing my education throughout the next few years.
It is a great school if you're willing to work very hard and prioritize academics and studying over partying and relaxing. Most classes are difficult but very manageable if you keep on top of your work. The majority of teachers are very interested in you learning the information and are very easy to meet with. Pharmacy school is going to be hard no matter where you go, but it's nice being at a school where most people are majoring in the same thing so it is very easy to get help from people. It also helps you stay focused compared to bigger schools because before a big test everyone else will also be studying for it.
Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is a place that has turned into my second home. The students, faculty and professors are always there in support of each other. Professors are available outside of class to help explain a topic in more detail or whatever you may need. If you want to have a career in the health field, you must consider ACPHS!
Start Your Review of Albany College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
Amazing school would recommend it to everyone can’t see my self going anywhere else. I am so happy that i came here it really makes me one step closer to my dreams.
ACPHS is rigorous but rewarding. I would not recommend this school to anyone who is not seriously invested in their future. It is nice to have such a close community. Unfortunately, administration rarely listens to student opinion.
ACPHS has given me to chance to achieve my dreams of becoming a clinical pharmacist. Through the faculty and programs offered at ACPHS I am confident that my future will go the way I want it to go.
Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (ACPHS) is a great up and coming school for students looking to get involved in the healthcare field, especially pharmacy. The campus is small and there are not a ton of students, making the community very tight-knit and close. There are a ton of academic resources to help you succeed in your academics and a lot of faculty that are willing to mentor you through your program. The courses are challenging, but if you're looking for a pharmacy program that isn't challenging you're not going to find one. The dorms are the best I have ever seen. The food is average but gets the job done. The gym is nothing spectacular but again gets the job done. The location is nice because its close to downtown Albany and only ten minutes from SUNY Albany. It is also only 15 minutes away from both Crossgates Mall and Colonie Center Mall. The school is definitely on the rise under new leadership and is becoming one of the top pharmacy schools in the country.
ACPHS has been a roller coaster ride: it is full of ups and downs and twists and turns. I have really enjoyed my time, and still look forward to the years ahead. The campus is very small, just like the student body, though both are currently growing. The campus is right in the middle of Albany, so there are plenty of things to do around town; not so much on the actual campus. The academics definitely stand out to me and are very challenging, but very rewarding. It's incredible looking back at the year and seeing all the material I've learned. The professors here are all really caring and genuinely want you to succeed. It's a small school, and one of the advantages that stem from this is the close and personal relationships you develop with the faculty. I do not regret coming here. If you want to be a medical professional or be involved in healthcare, there just isn't a better or more focused school.
I love ACPHS because of the close knit community it provides. Students at ACPHS are on the same schedule for the most part, therefore, we work together and relax together. The professors are very accommodating and are willing to help. There are many professional and recreational clubs and activities on campus so it is easy to keep busy. The city of Albany provides an eclectic mix of recreation for all of your interests and hobbies.
While it is a rigorous program (PharmD), at the end of the day I know I am getting a very high-level education, and all the campus resources make it manageable. I chose this school for its close-knit feeling, and the connections made through this school can't be beat.
Overall, I have enjoyed going to school. I like the small school feel and the accessibility of professors. However, like many schools, some professors are terrible. Another pro is that it is easy to get involved in clubs and research on campus. I do wish that the administration was more open to change and to student opinion into consideration more often.
Overall my experience here at ACPHS has been very good. The classes for the most part take place in a lecture hall, but aren't too big. The professors always have office hours and want to help each and every student to succeed. One big positive about ACPHS is that everyone at the school are taking the same classes, and all want to pursue a medical-field related career. If you're interested in pursuing a career in the medical-field, I would definitely consider ACPHS and attend one of the open houses to get a feel for what the college has to offer and all the programs.
Very good school- academically challenging, but when you graduate with a pharmacy degree, you get a doctorate in six years and are immediately prepared to be working efficiently in your field. Totally worth it in my book!
My experience at ACPHS has been very good overall. This college is very small which allows you to have more personal connections with other students and professors. The bachelor of science students have more research opportunities and the pharmacy students have more opportunity to talk to different professors who are pharmacists in different fields. Every one is very friendly and helpful because every one is here to reach the same goal which is to help people. This is not an easy school but if you feel you are up for a challenge this is a good school for you!
I am currently a junior at ACPHS and have had an amazing few years here at the college. I am enrolled in the PharmD program and am currently in my P1 year. I love the school because the attention you get from professors because of the smaller class size is extremely helpful and has completely altered my learning experience. Professors at the college are proactive in helping their students when you seek help. It's also so easy to get involved on campus and find things to do outside of the classroom. Everyone is there to help one another and there are wide array of resources on campus to help any individual that is struggling or needs extra guidance. I'm really excited for my next four years with ACPHS and for the location, program and campus this school was perfect for me.
Overall, I feel like I've learned so much at this school. It can be quite stressful and frustrating at times, but I think it has given me a good education and has set me up for a successful future.
I love that ACPHS is a small campus. Even though we are small, there are so many resources for us students (Writing center, Science Assistance Center, tutoring services, etc). Furthermore, all the faculty are super helpful and accessible. I know I can turn to them if I have any questions/concerns with the course material. Lastly, the small campus feel allows students to form personal bonds with each other.
Start Your Review of Albany College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
ACPHS is a wonderful school that has really developed into my home; the small school makes for a great sense of community, the rigorous course work challenges us every day, and the people you meet and the friendships you make here are so amazing. The student to faculty ratio makes it so easy to get help whenever needed; the professors here really seem to care about their students and want to see every student succeed. Although small, the campus is beautiful, especially at this time of year! The surrounding Albany area has tons to do- there are great restaurants, places to shop, festivals, and more. The food on campus could use some work, but since there are so many restaurants in the area, it's easy to get a break from "cafeteria food" and get something different. The dorms here are very spacious and far above the average dorm at a typical college. Overall, if you're looking for a small school with specialized, rigorous science and health programs , ACPHS is the school for you.
I have had a great experience thus far at Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. It is very easy to get involved, and there is a good balance between academic and social life.
I'm a commuter, and plan on transferring out at the end of the semester. I want to change my major and eventually go to a college where I can live on campus. It's okay here, nothing really special about it.