Alamance Community College Reviews

My experience at Alamance Community College wasn't like many other college students experience. I wasn't able to experience college like I wanted to because I had to focus on not just school, but work as well. I decided to start working two jobs so I could transfer in January of 2018. I have been working so hard to get into a good school and if I wanted that, I needed to work for it. I did work most of the time I was at Alamance Community College, but the little free time I had I decided to get involved as much as I could. I really liked that the Criminal Justice club gave me the opportunity to get inside a prison. I wouldn't really change much about ACC, I have learned so much and got to work with many police officers. My teacher, Ms. Holt, was one of the best professors there. I got to see if the career I had chosen was for me, and her class, Investigative Principles, made me realize I didn't want to become a crime scene investigator.
Pretty good for a community college. I've liked all my professors so far. There is a fairly large selection of classes to take.
Alamance Community College has been very easy to work with. From their financial aid process, to making sure all my admissions information is correct, they have been a very beneficial help. I absolutely love attending ACC!
Start Your Review of Alamance Community College
At Alamance Community College (ACC) everyone is so sweet and helpful which in my experience is a good aspect to have. I like that it is a big but at the same time a small enough campus. Although I would change their signs, make them more understandable and clean to see especially names.
The faculty seem to be overqualified. I had several teachers who had left schools like NC Chapel Hill, Duke, even Yale to come work in their home town.
It's a great college, and it is always expanding. This community college has alot to offer. It has several different programs of studies and a range of class schedules.
This will be my second time graduating from ACC. The teachers, the curriculum and the knowledge that I gain from here is at the same level of a University.
Alamance CC is a great school! The campus is beautiful! It looks big enough to be a university. They have great teachers and very active student life.
ACC is a great school. The faculty and staff really care about the students. I have visited many of my instructors during their office hours to ask a question or work through a problem I had. They have always been more than willing to help me understand the material. I also love the diversity of students, especially the large range in ages of students in my classes. I think it makes class discussion much more interesting!
The staff at ACC are very supportive of their students and help them succeed. If you don't understand something they are more than happy to assist you. The teachers are amazing and I haven't had a negative experience with one during my two years there.
Alamance Community College is a growing school. I am enjoying my classes and nursing teachers. My nursing teachers and understanding and knowledgeable since they have worked in the field. There is a lot of hands on learning for the nurses courses. I have not experienced any issues with safety or an issue with campus food. I put 1 star for local area because the campus is next to a high way and there is not a lot that surrounds the campus. This school is not known for parties and there is no dorms/housing areas. We do not receive emails about people bringing weapons to campus or hear about sexual assaults. I feel like this school is safe. I am eager to learn more and continue my education.
Like i mentioned in the online classes review, ACC made it easy to get classes to fit m schedule. However I must say it got harder as I was finishing my associates degree, because there were fewer classes I could take, or would be interested in taking.
I loved taking classes online! I was able to do all sorts of things and keep my own schedule while completing tons of courses I otherwise would have had to sit through. It made having a job so much easier. You just need to be motivated.
ACC is a good place to begin and with so much to offer students.
From what I understand ACC does not have that great of a graduation percentage. The classes are good if you apply yourself.

A degree is a degree though, it should get you somewhere, however, you can only do so much with just an associates degree these days. On the other hand, if you are looking to get your four year degree but don;t want to spend a fortune and take out all sorts of loans, then ACC is the place to go to get through all of your general education courses. Just make sure you focus the general education courses and electives towards your intended major to help yourself out.
There were lots of resources to access.
I went as a CCP student. I loved my experience and the resources that were made available to me.
Start Your Review of Alamance Community College
Transferring credits were a piece of cake. My classes are very flexible
At first I thought online classes were a nightmare due to the fact that I've always been in a classroom setting. After the first two weeks you get into the swing of things fairly easy and learn how to manage your time according to your lifestyle. Registration was very easy, thanks to my advisor. Professor and student relationship is very poor , I'm into my 4th week , I emailed my teacher on our noodle website the second week of class and she still hasn't responded so I let it go. That's the only reason I rated it okay. Lastly, you can't make your classmates reply to your feedback so it's best to keep commenting to your other peers and wait for a response.
Just getting started but I know the career center is very helpful and welcoming .