Alabama State University Reviews

1,034 reviews
I love Alabama State University. I am a transfer student from a community college and i am a College Junior seeking my Bachelor's of Science in Physical Education: Teaching & Coaching.
At Alabama State University, all of the staff were helpful and welcoming & made my first college experience very comfortable. They gave me a very detailed campus tour and made sure that I was aware of the location of all buildings to prevent me getting lost. I met students who participated in a little bit of everything such as athletics, theater department, campus ambassadors, honors college and Greek life- and they all gave high regards of the school. I can't wait to attend this fall!
What I like About asu it is a very good school that anybody should attend. Asu is a good hbcu it has its pros and cons but it is a good university.
Start Your Review of Alabama State University
As a first time freshman, being at Alabama State University in the rough city of Montgomery, Alabama was a culture shock. It was a complete change of, not only scenery, but human life as well. The students and faculty were feisty but were also very warm and inviting at times. I thoroughly enjoyed going to the different sporting events and going to the different production; I'm a theatre major. However, as much as ASU appears to be full of great individuals, many of the students and faculty seemed to have been in competition with each other. As far as the students, more events should be held to enable the students to gain a sort of bond with one another. The faculty could be a lot of greater if more people were hired to actually do their jobs, not just collect a pay check. Overall, my first semester at Alabama State University was very interesting and I even made the Dean's list.
At Alabama State, I became instantly in love with atmosphere. After touring the university, I knew it was the school for me.
I love Alabama State University. They have the best programs. I’m currently enrolled as a senior majoring in Criminal Justice. We have teachers there that care about us and want to see us succeed. Alabama State University needs to work on trustworthy faculty, better communication, students putting their work first, and continue to become one.
My experience at Alabama State University is wonderful. The professors and campus life is amazing. Alabama State University is the best college that I have seen. I recommend everyone to visit this college and take a tour of the school.
I love how Alabama State University is culturally involved. The students are advocates about their African-American heritage and learn more about the struggles and advantages of being a Black educated man or woman in America. The teachers are willing to assist students in any way possible, even by sending students emails about job openings and internship opportunities. The university hosts job fairs every semester to increase the students' chances of obtaining a job or career after graduation. The university can improve the living quarters by updating the freshmen dorms.
Alabama State University is a historically black college with 150 years of educating young students. The professors are very knowledgeable and you are guaranteed to reach your highest potential along with getting to know yourself and others.
I attend the Alabama State University. Alabama State is a cool and exciting school. Just like any other school it has its days. Most of the teachers there attended that school and they help us learn the history of our school. The changes that I would like to see from my school is organization. They just need to be a little bit more organized and they will have a high enrollment rate.
Personally, I like the school because I went to a predominantly white school growing up and I wanted something different. The only things I would like to see improved are the dorms and the campus food.
I liked that Alabama was so kind and accepting. They give you a chance and believe in you. The people are so nice there and the area is also kind. The school allows and accepts students from many different backgrounds. Each person on campus is treated equally. The school is helpful when it comes to your future or career.
The only thing I liked was the fact that it had my program. It's super ghetto and people smoke weed all the time. It's really slow pace and country.
Alabama state is a good school. I feel that certain professors care but not a lot of staff care. I feel that Alabama state needs more professional people that can handle their job and won't use it to their advantage.
The student conditions were treacherous when I attended. My peers and I were a part of making change to the student living conditions at the dorms, but the students must be held accountable and taught how to take care of what is theirs and what they've paid for.
I love the campus and the environment it brings but I would love to see the places around it beautified.
I love my HBCU. This school offers so many opportunities and support to its
students. The small community like atmosphere really makes campus life feel "homey".
Start Your Review of Alabama State University
This school overall is ver great. However, I wish they helped more with financial aid and give scholarships to deserving and qualified students like myself. They are definitely not making it easy to continue my education here.
Alabama State University is a great HBCU. The atmosphere there is wonderful. You get meet different from all over the United States and other foreign countries. The people are friendly and kind.
Great HBCU. Campus life needs improvement but a lot of great people come from this school. The history there is rich and the culture and love here is amazing. An experience I will never forget.