Alabama State University Reviews

1,028 reviews
I attend the Alabama State University. Alabama State is a cool and exciting school. Just like any other school it has its days. Most of the teachers there attended that school and they help us learn the history of our school. The changes that I would like to see from my school is organization. They just need to be a little bit more organized and they will have a high enrollment rate.
Personally, I like the school because I went to a predominantly white school growing up and I wanted something different. The only things I would like to see improved are the dorms and the campus food.
I liked that Alabama was so kind and accepting. They give you a chance and believe in you. The people are so nice there and the area is also kind. The school allows and accepts students from many different backgrounds. Each person on campus is treated equally. The school is helpful when it comes to your future or career.
Start Your Review of Alabama State University
The only thing I liked was the fact that it had my program. It's super ghetto and people smoke weed all the time. It's really slow pace and country.
Alabama state is a good school. I feel that certain professors care but not a lot of staff care. I feel that Alabama state needs more professional people that can handle their job and won't use it to their advantage.
The student conditions were treacherous when I attended. My peers and I were a part of making change to the student living conditions at the dorms, but the students must be held accountable and taught how to take care of what is theirs and what they've paid for.
I love the campus and the environment it brings but I would love to see the places around it beautified.
I love my HBCU. This school offers so many opportunities and support to its
students. The small community like atmosphere really makes campus life feel "homey".
This school overall is ver great. However, I wish they helped more with financial aid and give scholarships to deserving and qualified students like myself. They are definitely not making it easy to continue my education here.
Alabama State University is a great HBCU. The atmosphere there is wonderful. You get meet different from all over the United States and other foreign countries. The people are friendly and kind.
Great HBCU. Campus life needs improvement but a lot of great people come from this school. The history there is rich and the culture and love here is amazing. An experience I will never forget.
I have been with Alabama State University for several years and I love that it has come from behind to be one of the best looking HBCU's campus-wide. its rich heritage has to be one of the richest heritage hence-forth. I believe if Alabama State University works on its turnaround time with students paperwork it will be more efficient to the University and most of all the students and parents. i enjoy being part of the Alabama State University and it Academic environment that it provides.
Going to Alabama State University is a great experience I love everyone school spirit there. And most of everyone is like family.
My experience at Alabama State University was one to remember. Since the school is located in the heart of Montgomery, AL. the rich history of the Civil Rights Movement impacted a lot of students. This institution is a historically black college who's motto is "Opportunity Is Here". Depending on the type of student you are, opportunities are accessible, but if you decide to wait until the last minute the opportunity will be gone. Recently, the university switched to a new program for Campus food, so the change should bring a different outlook for students. The teachers at Alabama State University genuinely care about their students as well as their job performance! If students contact their teachers on a regular basis even if it is for tutoring or talking about future careers, the teachers are open to have the conversation. Alabama State University is in the process of expanding their new Hornets Stadium and enhancing the student life, it's a great time to be a Hornet!
I attend Alabama State University and it is a wonderful experience. I do not live on campus and I have heard the dorms aren't that great but I can tell you that the professors that I have had were very good and they really cared about what they were teaching
The few years being at Alabama State University have been truly a life changing experience for me. From being out on my own I find it easier here at ASU as in if you need help with anything many professors are willing to help. In addition there are numerous opportunities here at ASU for anyone of every race, religion, and background. Remember at Alabama State University, 'Opportunity is Here'!
My experience at ASU was amazing . The people there are really nice. And the school is really want you make it to be. If you go in with a negative mind set that is what you'll get. But if you go in with a positive one... you'll definitely have an amazing time. <3
Start Your Review of Alabama State University
I attended ASU for only one semester before leaving. A lot of people were dissatisfied with having chosen the university and were transferring.

The condition of the dorms were terrible. It was something you would expect from a third-world country. There was dirt on the floors and walls, and the elevator was full of dirt, and always broken down. It was very common to find trays of food sitting in the hallways or stairwells. Also, the university's cafe was not sanitary due to students leaving their plates on the table. I often had to push plates of food out of my way, in order to have space to dine.

The university's staff, especially financial aid, was disorganized and generally disinterested in assisting students. They were very dismissive, slow-moving, and lacked a sense of urgency.

In fact, this university almost destroyed my education. Before attending this place, look at all other options! You will thank me for the sound advice later!
Really enjoy going here. Great teachers, fun activities, and cool people. Although, better lunch would be preferred, lol.
Alabama State University is an amazing university. The university has great teachers who are concerned about the whole student. The campus is beautiful with great parking areas. I have no problems calling the head people of any department talking to them about the concerns of my child who is a student there. It is so wonderful to have a school that is only a phone call away for parents. ASU also took care of all my needs when I was a student there. Go Hornets!!