Alabama State University Reviews

1,056 reviews
I just transferred there, So far so good, just wish it was more diverse. The professors there are okay. They really do not want to see students fail so they put forward the effort to teach you what you need to know. The city of Montgomery Alabama is not the best to stay in, but as far as the campus. Its descent.
ASU is an excellent university to get a degree from. I have learned alot from there since being there two years. The dorms need to be updated and thats about all.
My experience here at Alabama State University has been very positive, also the school is very helpful and always helping others when their needs are available. Also, Alabama State University has a lot of events that help the students with their social life and etc.. While being in college I experienced a lot of things with the student life and financial problems. But majority of the time my problems are always getting handled constantly. A lot of students always complaining about the school offices and also complaining about the staff (professors). Lastly, all of my school years I have stayed on campus and enjoyed the campus life! But this year I wouldn’t be able to because of the tuition.
Start Your Review of Alabama State University
The academics are phenomenal but the student resource centers as well as financial aid are horrendous. The have horrible people skills and never answer phones.
The university has a friendly/family-like atmosphere, however there should be more service provided tohelp students pay for school.
I will be an Junior this upcoming fall. My experience at Alabama State University has been very interesting. Attending an HBCU is hard because you don’t see diverse on a daily.
What I liked about Alabama State was you can make connections with other people. The students and teachers at Alabama State help you in any type of way to make connections for your future career.
I enjoy attending Alabama state university (ASU) , because there is so much history behind the school and how it started . Also everyone is so kind and willing to help you out . The staff and faculty go out their way to make sure , any question or concern you may have are answered .
My overall experience with Alabama State University was honestly great. I felt welcomed to the campus, once I step foot on it. Going on the campus made me realize that I'll be on my own soon an that I can't wait for my college experience.
I started attending ASU Fall 2016 and my overall experience was one to remember. When I made it there, my family and I, attended convocation and all other meetings before school. These meetings were for freshmen entering the school year. The S.O.S. Team welcomed evrryone, answered all questions needed, and made sure all freshmen knew where everything was and what resources we may need in the future. Alabama State offers many activities and has several organizations for students to join throughout the four years such as: ASU Street Team, S.O.S Team, SGA, and many others. The teachers, throughout the year, make sure ALL students are staying on task and making sure each student had all the needed materials to excel for the semester.
Its a good college to experience, learn and have a good time. Its an HBCU, which means its a "Historical Black College University". The cultural is very open and freely and every person that attends, enjoy themselves. They are known for their great athletics. I personally want to become a dancer for their football team which are called "Stingettes". The mascot for Alabama state is hornets and that's the football team name.
My Alabama State University visit went very well. I was introduce to man well-mannered individuals and escorted around campus.
I like the overall feel when i was on the tour i automatically felt like i was at home and they all care for each other like a family and the teachers really want to see you make it so when i graduate in two years i will attend Alabama State University to become a social worker and i will graduate
Alabama State University is a classic college for young adults. Its campus is really amazing and large. The band there is simply great and the academics are fairly good. I feel like the university could use better dorms. It's spirit and school pride is very high which makes it feel like a second home to me. It's a great school to go to overall.
Small campus . That's is the only thing I like about the campus . If thing I would more things to do IN Montgomery Alabama.
I love the culture and the classroom sizes here at Alabama State. The professors and other staff help me a lot when it comes to my career.
At first sight the school seemed to be stunning, but after attend the experienced decreased gradually. The dorms were not up to code and lost communication between students and staff.
Start Your Review of Alabama State University
I love Alabama State University, this is the best school ever! I love my HBCU. This is my second semester at this school and i love it so much.
I'm only a freshman at Alabama State but I can honestly say that my experience has been fun so far. I got here not knowing about the college life at all, but the friends I gained and the many other students surrounding me helped make it all easy.
very nice school with friendly students and staff campus life is very fun and easy to get into and also school spirit are off the charts, class sizes are not too big so teachers can actually help you one on one.