Alabama A&M University Reviews

This school definitely opened me up as a person. This school made me want to do more things get out more and make more friends. I’m an introvert so I didn’t really talk to people or anything. Once you really get in you major you start making tons of friends because you have most of the same classes together. I also joined an organization. Being apart of clubs and orgs can open you up a lot and is a great way to meet new friends, and their are tons of clubs to join in campus. We have a variety of food in the cafeteria and it isn’t the same thing everyday. We also have a subway and a convient store. We also are starting to be more diverse, when I first started there was mostly black people which I expected becuase were an hbcu, but as I went on we have more international student and just other student of different races and ethnicities. I don’t really pay attention to the sports by our student no matter how we play will always go and support.
I am currently attending Alabama A&M University, and I am experiencing great obstacles. I will continue to work hard to achieve success. Professors are very helpful and wants every student to be successful. The cafeteria has a lot of options such as pizza, burger/hotdogs, desserts, and daily meals for the students. We also have Subway and Chic Fil-A. I would recommend this college to anyone because it is great!
From the atmosphere of the people you meet to the activities that are being planned for more people to get involved. I’m so glad I chose my HBCU to be AAMU. I love the classes I’m in because the teachers are determined that we get that A and have a high GPA. I can’t take the wheather out here some days but everything is great with the dorm experience and meeting new friends. I’ve made a great choice and not long before I graduate and I can’t wait to say that I graduated from Alabama A&M University.
Start Your Review of Alabama A&M University
Classes needed not offered in Summer semester for Computer Science. If you want to fast track your graduation some courses have to be taken at other schools during the summer and transferred in.
At Alabama A&M University you can soar just as high as you'd like. You can get a great experience with lots of diversity. You can be all you would like to be at Alabama A&M. An experience of a lifetime.
I love my HBCU overall but like any university they have some loose ends, there response time is never on point, and a lacks a bit of mentorship for the students meaning you really have to use your voice and speak up to get where you want to be because no one will come and tell you, the people are friendly and professors are all for the most part understanding and willing to help.
This is school is all that i dreamed of and more. Some might say differently but this was my number one choice of school and I’ve been satisfied with my choice ever since my first day of freshman year. I am currently a Junior Computer Science Major. Not saying this University is perfect because all schools have problems. I love the campus, atmosphere, friendliness, most of all the academic programs. This would be a great choice if you are leaning towards an Technology field, but plenty more programs are offered. I love it and i pretty sure others would also.
Alabama A&M University is a good college to instead it has its ups and downs when it comes to academics but overall a good school.
Alabama A&M University is a great school. Has an excellent engineering program along with others. The school itself could be a little better such as renovating the dorms. They are starting to but they started off building a new residence hall. It's beautiful. Although the staff in the offices that are supposed to help you could be better, they eventually get the job done for you. It's really all about what you make of your college experience. I didn't visit the school before I went, and I turned out loving it just during the welcome week/ first week. You meet lots of new people from a lot of different places. I had a canadian roommate, cool right. Its all about your experience so I suggest living your best life, and enjoy it. Go to class and you'll be just fine.
One thing that I loved about Alabama A&M is how they make everyone feel like family. Oh and I also love the big christmas tree they put up after thanksgiving break.
I chose to attend Alabama A&M University because I knew the financial investment would be well worth it in the end. I notice that as students take responsibility for their education, numerous internship and job opportunities follow. The faculty does a great job of setting students up for success. A few things I would change would be the quality of food in the cafeteria, the lack of activities designed to bring students together, and I would make a greater effort to update the dorms. Other than those few things I enjoy attending my institution.
I heard this college is home away from home. The professors care about their students future and want them to succeed.
What I like about Alabama A &M is that it's like a second home. Students come from all over, some farther than others and meet new people on campus and within there department that become there second family. That's how it was for me because I didn't know anyone there. I was out of my element 2 hours away from home. Band is my second family. We practice, perform, and have fun together. It's awesome!
After transferring from two universities, I have found my dream college Alabama A&M. However, I can personally say this school has open doors for a lot of opportunities. I applied for numerous internships from previous school, with that being said once I transfer to Alabama A&M. Furthermore, I applied for three internships and received three interview within a month with three top 500 fortune companies. Also, I was offered an internship. I got involved with some of the school clubs and instantly connected with my fellow classmates. This school has helped me in all aspects, I can say that career service department are the best advocates. I would like to see more infrastructure being built as far as student living, gymnasium, and athletics. However, more money needs to be funded into HBCU's schools...
The atmosphere and academics are amazing! The instructors are patient and very knowledgeable. They know their material.
I like that Alabama A&M is an HBCU. Campus life is pretty good, people are friendly and would help you if you need help. I like the students, different personalities mix and match but, there are some things that I would like to be changed and that would be campus food, different foods need to be served in the cafe. Also, there needs to be an expansion or an additional cafeteria added to the campus. Their needs to be more exciting campus activities on campus that will get students out to meet new and different people and to just enjoy the college experience.
from my sister she says Alabama A&M is an great school. she concludes that they really stand for their motto, " Start here , go everywhere. For the most part I think I'm going to like this college. She says that the professors really want their students to succeed. At least the ones she previously had.
Start Your Review of Alabama A&M University
What I would tell others about A&M is the teachers really care about their students education and future. At least for my previous semester. My advice is work hard in the classes and the teachers would at least pass you with a descent grade.
Alabama A&M overall is a good school. The academics are great and so are the professors. Just like any other school some professors are better than others . The atmosphere of the school is great. The only real flaw is how disorganized they are with everything and the living conditions aren’t the best . Especially for the prices . For one semester you could pay up to 2,000 to 6,000 dollars for housing . The students at the school are very loving and kindhearted people . Everyone is always friendly and helpful. Which is something one would need if they are just starting out . Also for it to be a HBCU it very diverse when it comes to the students and faculty. Although there have been some bad experiences, this school is awesome.
I have enjoyed the experience that I have had at Alabama A&M so far. As far as academics go I am int he Honors Program. Being in this organization has allowed me to be in smaller classroom setting, and even more one on one time with my professors even though regular students also get one one time. We are also a school that is continuously getting bigger so a lot of renovations, and new dorm buildings are being modified and built up. Our dorms are coed for upperclassman only. Incoming freshman are separated. Night life on "the hill" is also fun. Not only are there always activities being held on campus, but there are many opportunities off campus. One being exploring the museum and park in downtown Huntsville.