Alabama A&M University Reviews

Alabama A&M University was overall an okay school. I went there my freshman year, and I can honestly say that I didn't really get the college feel that I was expecting. The cafeteria food was not good, and that is really the only food place on campus. Almost all of the dorms were run-down, which made me not want to stay on campus. Most of the teachers were okay, but a lot of them that I had didn't really teach; they mostly expected us to know everything that they knew. The classrooms in a lot of their buildings are old and lack air conditioning, which made going to class dreadful from the Alabama heat. I believe that they need to work on making the campus more presentable and tolerable, and I think that that can be done by renovating a lot of their buildings, and also by incorporating more places to eat on campus.
Alabama a&m is great hbcu filled with history and excitement. The school has a great engineering program but the school lacks in updating the dorm life and giving a students a reason to come back to live on campus
The experience here is great and worth the trip. This is my third year here and i love it. The band is the livest people on campus. The school shows so much school pride. The campus is beautiful especially at night up from the president house
Review Alabama A&M University
Alabama A&M is the one of the most opportune HBCU's in the country. With companies such as Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, and the Redstone Arsenal, STEM students should not be able to graduate without a job.
The most beautiful HBCU campus in the south!!! Professors care about their students and want them to succeed. The Huntsville area is a very nice place to live. The alumni is very supportive of the school. The band is EXCELLENT!!!
Alabama A&M is a very nice college with a beautiful campus. However they need some updating on some of the buildings.
My first year at Alabama A&M was fun. I was in a new environment and meet a lot of new people. I would like for t to be more diverse and for the food then be better but over all it was a great experience.
I love so how everyone was so welcoming and willing to help. It's was truly a wonderful experience. I would have liked to have seen more organization while we were there but it's a low con compared to all the great pros.
I am a Senior at AAMU, where I study Secondary Education! From the first time I came to the school as an AAMU Cheerleader I have enjoyed it since! Everyone had great school spirt and it has been a great experience so far!
It felt like my family away from home. The slow suburb life, friendly southern hospitality, and amazing teachers that actually care if you (the student) succeeds nit only in their class, but in life
I really had a great experience with Alabama A&M im trying to stag there from help from family members and scholarship
When I first started at A&M I was very excited but it's very hard to meet new friends. Some of the teachers had bad attitudes and I begin to tell myself to push my self harder because none is going to stop me from accomplishing my dream. But overall I was able to learn a lot the campus as a whole love to help people.
I love the school and faculty they make learning an experience rather than just a course. I have grown as young business woman more than anything. At Alabama A&M University the professors make sure that their student achieve and succeed.
I have yet to be a freshman in college at Alabama A&M University, but during my tour there, I felt as if I was home. The atmosphere was amazing and I hope everything goes well when I get on campus.
So far my experience at Alabama A&M University hasn't been all that great. Some things that I would like to see change would be the time dinner is served and when it ends. It starts at 4pm and ends at 6pm. I like to see that change to 4pm and ends at 8pm. Some students still have class at 6pm. They would not be able to be at dinner during that time. Also another thing I would like to see change would be food location on the weekends. On campus there are two cafeterias. One at the boys dorm and one at the girls dorm. Each are open during breakfast and lunch, but only the girls dorm is open for dinner. That should not be the case. That means that the boys have to go all the way across campus to get dinner on the weekends. That is a very far walk. If they serve breakfast and lunch they should also serve dinner as well. Last thing I have a problem with is the internet. IT IS VERY SLOW! I would like to see that change. Those are my problems/experiences with Alabama A&M University.
It is an experience like no other! Close relationships with professors and small student to professor ratios, I love it!
I like that the school has a lot of new changes like the dorms and the wellness center but I do not like the way the school faculty and staff works. If you don't know anyone who can help then it's like you are on your own. If you to ask and keep asking to get help and answers. No information is given if it isn't asked and not everyone knows the right questions to ask so it can be frustrating especially around the start of a new semester when it comes to financial aid and getting registered.
Review Alabama A&M University
The professors in my dept were exceptional. They are experts in their field, and have flexible teaching styles to fit individual students. I met life long friends there. There used to be a lot of campus activities for students to socialize and enjoy a "college experience". Those activities have dwindled down to next to nothing. Financial aid can sometimes be a pretty big headache; very long lines and not everybody is dedicated to friendly customer service.
I absolutely love my HBCU! it has been an amazing experience. I've meet awesome people and wonderful caring professors.
I personally love the institution. All of the students and staff on campus are absolutely amazing and friendly. The only change i would say is to get out information about what's going on on campus faster.