1. Decatur, GA
  2. 4 Year

Agnes Scott College Reviews

I love how close I've gotten to some of my professors. It's a small campus, so you actually get the opportunity to know them as more than a face by the board. On the other hand, it's a small school, which means a small faculty and smaller selection of courses. Many departments are working to expand their programs and offer a broader range of courses, and we partner with other colleges to allow students to take classes Agnes Scott doesn't offer.
Agnes Scott College is a welcoming school filled with professors that care how their students and want them to succeed in their goals.
I attended Agnes Scott College for one academic year, 2014-2015. It was easily, undoubtedly, the best year of my life. The academics are top notch, but not intimidatingly so. The professors, adjuncts included, are very knowledgeable. They make themselves accessible by their students and really care to help how they can, so long as you are willing to put in effort. Overall, Agnes Scott places high value on their students, and all faculty and staff exemplify that. The sense of community throughout the campus is strong, and one of the most significant reasons it hurt me so deeply to leave. I had an unforeseen financial burden come up and had to transfer out of Agnes Scott because of it. If I had the financial means, I would transfer back to Agnes Scott without a second thought.
I toured Agnes Scott because I am considering applying there. I want to play soccer at ASC, but I also want that academic vigor. Agnes Scott has both! The academic side is what really attracted me, it had so many opportunities to explore studies outside of my comfort tone. I was blown away by the vast amount of options to choose from. The only downside was the party scene. Which I don't care for, but I understand that it is a factor for some people when they are deciding if they should go to that college or not. Overall, I give Agnes Scott College a 5 out of 5 stars. Beautiful campus, great diversity in people, rigorous academic load, and a well maintained athletic program!
My time at Agnes Scott College was brief yet challenging. Some professors go out of their way to help you understand the material. Other professors, not so much. The campus is VERY diverse. There are a lot of International students and student of different backgrounds. The college campus is beautiful and kept up-to-par. However, while attending, I felt like I did not belong there. Most times I did not feel welcomed. When considering Agnes, understand that you have to reach out in order to receive. Find the right group of friends and you should be fine. P.S. Agnes is EXPENSIVE! But, it is a challenging school academically and is globally recognized.
some buildings are very old, have no air conditioning
  • 6 months ago
  • Housing
it's not very big here
very diverse, lots of clubs, not many parties, don't really like most of the housing options
Professors are friendly and are excited to teach
Plenty of connections with alumni.
  • College Freshman
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
Awesome atmosphere. Very friendly. They really want you to succeed:)
Overall, it's a good experience. I love my professors and advisers and I never have to worry about the grass becoming uncontrollably high or dead-looking.
Networking is a huge aspect in campus life. Alumnis are usually very outgoing, friendly, and helpful.
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
I feel fairly safe around campus. We can always contact public safety if we feel we are in danger.
Not the best housing in the world, but you can make it feel homey
  • 8 months ago
  • Housing
We don't really have a Greek life. We have a few academic Greek chapters but no social ones. We have this motto that we're all sisters so we don't need Greek life....
We do have sports but they are not that big in campus life.
Agnes is great for academics. Each professor is an expert in his/her field. They are extremely helpful and genuinely care about each students success.
There isn't much of a night life on campus itself, but it's pretty easy to get to other universities, houses, etc.
There are only two or three major parties on campus throughout the year. It's easy to get to off campus parties though, and it's nice to be able to escape the parties and noise.