1. South Gate, CA
  2. 2 Year

Advanced College Reviews

Almost everyone is there for the same degree so it's easy to feel comfortable with other students.
Vocational nursing mostly but also massage therapy
Internships are included as well as career placement.
  • Value
I've just recently enrolled and am scheduled to start courses in September but my overall experience with staff so far has been really great and everyone is very helpful.
I understand there isa Carr placement center although I have not personally used it yet
  • Value
I have just started so I haven't really gotten to know anyone yet
The staff is very informed and helpful to prospective students and really helps to ensure you are ready for the courses before you even enroll.
  • Campus
the schedule they have was convenient for me
The overall experience was okay. Chose the school because it was close to my house and the schedule fit with mine.
have to computer labs and print out your assignments and they make copies for you
  • Campus
they don't have an athletic center or any campus activities
  • Campus
they give you a lot of HESI
love the internship experience at St. Francis hospital
they give you a set amount you have to pay out of your pocket before term 4 mines was around $6000.00 hard to come up with that kind of money when you don't work.
  • Value
they don't have a career center they just have flyers of job openings
  • Value
they work on your weakness to prepare you for NCLEX
  • Campus
they are ok I prefer to be in a classroom setting
Good Resources – The computer system is really good. The staff is helpful.
  • Apr 11 2011
  • Campus
Not Horrible but Bad – I have seen quite of few instructors come and go. The turnover rate is a little too high for me. There is constant change in scheduling at the VERY last minute, leaving little to no room in planning/keeping Dr. appts, etc. The education (minus the good instructors) involves a lot of "self-teaching". And lastly, there was a "miscalculation" with my financial aid, and in addition to receiving the highest award possible I was told I have to pay over $2500 half way into the program. Our entire class has been harrassed repeatedly for the remaining out of pocket expense and we still had four out of twelve months left in the program. I would not recommend this school.
Glad to share – Being a student of Sikkim Manipal University, it's a great pleasure for me to share a few words about the benefits I had.
There are several unique features about this university which none other university provides for all the candidates without any differentiation. This university has the facility of providing the nearest Learning centre which will be very convenient to us. The weekend classes are very useful for working candidates. The LC provides books and learning materials on time. The faculty of the university are very friendly and helpful to the candidates, clearing doubts very easily in an understanding manner.
The fee structure is very reasonable to meet the financial constraints. The university gave me a toll free number, which provided immediate information regarding my doubts, course, fee structure, duration, eligibility criteria and even the LC details.
At this juncture of point, I have to mention about a very interesting and useful programme- `EDUNXT'. `EDUNXT' - an online programme, which none other university provided till date. It gave me a great deal of benefits, where I could chat with university faculties directly and could get study materials online.
I feel SMU is the best among all universities in Distance Education in India, guiding and preparing the students to face the Tomorrow's world.