1. Adrian, MI
  2. 4 Year

Adrian College Reviews

Overall my experience with Adrian College has been a good one. I am currently half way through my second semester as a freshmen. The campus is extremely beautiful and they take pride in keeping it this way. The professors are some of the best and care about what they are teaching and there are a wide variety of classes to choose from. Adrian has multiple athletics taking place year round. There are also plenty of activities or different clubs to get involved with on campus.
Adrian College is a small liberal arts school in southern Michigan. The main campus sits on a one square mile block with additional buildings surrounding. Adrian College hosts over 40 sports teams participating in both NCAA DIII and Club. Adrian has a wide range of academic programs including business, athletic training, exercise science, sports management, and many more.
This is a great school. It's beautiful, small, and has some amazing people. There is a small staff to student ratio, so you'll definitely be able to have one on one help from your professors. Something that could be improved is the safety of the campus, as it's typical to have a break-in.
Good because of the small school size, but they take you for every penny you have and don't make it easy on international students.
My experience at Adrian College is nothing like I would've expected. For this campus being a small school I expected it to be a very judgmental environment because everyone knows you and your business but everyone is very welcoming and nice. It is a home away from a home.
Adrian College is great. It helps to be on a sports team and just have a go to group whenever you need something. Being on a team creates a special bond. Also the school is a perfect size it is small but it allows us students to really be involved with school and with our professors and on campus activities.
Living on campus is alright, there isn't a whole lot to offer when it comes to expenses which can get a little frustrating. The maintenance tries their best to keep everything up to date which is encouraging
  • College Sophomore
  • 6 months ago
  • Housing
The sports teams here are really close and their are a lot of them here. Each team is like a family and we all support each other which makes the campus a really great atmosphere.
I am not involved but it is very popular and really accepting to anyone who wants to find some kind of Greek life.
The campus safety on campus great. They are always available in someone needs something, they are also well aware of everything that is going around campus and aren't afraid to step in when something isn't going the way it is supposed to.
Adrian College had an excellent program for athletic training. They introduced a program that is called a "four plus one" which allows students to complete their bachelors degree in the normal four years and then proceed to get their masters degree here at the college in one year. Since it is a smaller school it allows the students to get closer with the staff and really get that one on one aspect.
  • College Sophomore
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
Adrian College is surrounded with welcoming and motivated students. It may be small but everyone is connected which makes it a fun environment to go to school in. The academics are great and the teachers are very engaged and care about all of their students. I cannot see myself at any other college. There are always different activities going on such as one of my favorites, C.A.N. movie night in the student center. All together an amazing college to attend.
Campus safety does a good job regulating alcohol at advertised parties but very little in other group settings and with underage drinking.
I think the school has a good alumni network set up but I havent looked into it much. I also have noticed very little employers recruiting on campus. The career center does a nice job trying to help you find jobs but only if you make an effort to seek their help.
  • College Junior
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
Most the professors care about what they are teaching and teach it well. I wish there was a better variety of courses offered but recently the school has been doing a decent job adding more classes. I love the small class size, where even in a lecture hall you only have 30 people in your class.
I wish there were more housing options. Very few apartments are available and with the lottery choosing system only top seniors are likely to receive them. I wish there were more apartments that had separate bedrooms (not shared) and one person apartment (there is only 2 and they are given to 5th year seniors.) The dorms are okay, they do their job. But I would only consider the newly renovated ones as good because they offer air conditioning and carpet that the other dorms dont. I do not like the housing process, I feel the lottery system does not give everyone a fair chance nor do they consider peoples needs.
Greek life at my school is awesome. Every fraternity and sorority sincerely cares about their philanthropy. There is a wide variety of different qualities about each fraternity and sorority that makes choosing the right one for you easier. I think non-Greeks are treated the same as greeks and are encouraged to join greek life by greeks. There is limited greek housing and several sororities were kicked out of there designated dorm hall and given a small house instead that can only hold a fraction of the members. The local sorority on campus is also a great sorority for those who want to be apart of Greek life but cant afford national sororities. The national sororities on campus seem to look down on the local sorority though and tend not to include them in important greek decisions.
A lot of people who want to be athletes but know they arent super good come to my division 3 school. I would say a majority of the student base does play a sport. Barely any students attend games to show their spirit and cheer their teams on. I wish there was more school spirit and that more people attended the football games to actually cheer and not just "party".
The school is very small and easy to navigate around. I am glad I went to such a small college because it better fits my personality and helps college be less stressful. Although having a small campus is nice, the fact that they have limited housing options that are overflowing and a policy that makes you live on campus for 4-years is aggravating. The college did not do a good job expressing this policy and I was not aware of it until I was already halfway though my first year. I wish I had known before I had chosen to go there.
Playing on the basketball team at Adrian College is great. All the sports get support from students and staff at school.