Adelphi University Reviews

1,173 reviews
Adelphi is a scam! The team in financial aid are horrible, This school is very expensive overall, so i don't understand why the lack of help & information provided for financial aid for freshman students is so vague. The school is completely boring on the weekends. The food selection is horrible. The school is very clique, so if you did not attend HS in a neighboring town most likely you will feel out of place. The obvious plus are the safety of the campus, the beautiful inviting campus, the modernized buildings, the school generally is a well respected school because its a school located in the heart of Long Island NY where you don't have to travel 3-4 hours away from NY to attend an Great University but overall, in my opinion is a great COMMUTERS SCHOOL!
The small classroom setting has been the most beneficial aspect of my college experience. The connections I have been able to make with my professors has made me love school. I know that this school has definitely been the best choice for me
What I like most about Adelphi is that their staff is very friendly. All of the professors are ready to help students in any way that they can. The campus is beautiful, it has a lot of art displayed all over.
Start Your Review of Adelphi University
Amazing college! Graduating next year, the journey is great and I recommend every other student to be part of this college. you will learn so much, you will have so many opportunities.
Everything about Adelphi is great. However with the 2018(Fall) Semester, the biggest enrollment of freshman to the college, more than double the size of the previous class, there is no more parking. The library is filled to the brim. The campus cannot contain this many people. I hope next year they don't try to enroll even more students, because it would be beyond unpleasant. Security around campus should be enhanced with the light of events happening in the USA.
I am absolutely in love with Adelphi and its campus. It is a sociable and comfortable environment, with very many pleasant and devoted professors. The academics and programs are astounding, making learning entertaining. Adelphi is not a campus that I would consider a "party school," which I actually prefer. Despite this, There are many events and little parties held on campus by clubs and organizations, which are very enjoyable.
Speaking as an English/Communications major classes are usually small and professors are always open to help so as long as you are on their good side. Services at Adelphi are decent for the most part, as are the resources given for the classes (books, equipment, etc.). Campus is beautiful to walk around in, and has a decent size of around 8 different schools in total, though Adelphi's efforts are mostly focused on the medical sciences such as Nursing. Despite it's great amount of cliques, if you look around enough you'll find the right people, though since it is greatly a commuter school it'll take time to make some worthwhile friends here. Connections and the job opportunities Adelphi offers are also decent, even for students in it's lesser known Arts & Sciences school. Would recommend as a choice, but ONLY if they offer you an excellent scholarship and a great amount of financial aid.
I love Adelphi university. Although I have only finished my first year I think it is amazing. They have tons of clubs for everyone to be involved in. creating a club is also very simple incase people have other interest. It is a small school but such a close knit community. There are tons of amazing community service opportunities as well. The professors are amazing and really care for the students. The only down fall to Adelphi is the high cost and would love to see it go down but I love it regardless. Adelphi truly wants all its students to succeed and would highly recommend the school to others.
I really love Adelphi, and I really think this school fits me like a glove. I really excelled in academics, on campus involvement, and I really came out of my shell. I'm not a party person, but this school isn't known for its party scene (which I love). I have met so many different people, it's crazy. The campus is very safe, and the area surrounding it is beautiful. The food isn't the best, but you can't expect much from college food. Look into this college!
Adelphi University is a university that I'm glad to call my home. The small classroom sizes make it really easy for me to get the attention I want in a class in order to help me succeed. The campus is somewhat diverse and the student life there is very much alive because of all the organizations available on campus. Overall, Adelphi is wonderful.
Adelphi has given me the opportunity to start my journey to becoming a nurse, all the professors and faculty are welcoming and organized. the campus is clean, safe, and always having activities. there is much to choose from when it comes to events, clubs, studying and eating. its nearby other businesses as well and the commute is not bad at all. Adelphi is modernized and is always communicating with students about what goes on each day. i would absolutely recommend this school.
I would like to see a change In the involvement for commuter students. There is a lot offered but sometimes a lack of involvement and encouragement.
All the professors are willing to help and know your name and can see your potential before you can see it.
The professors are amazing. Location is quiet and beautiful. I met some of the greatest people here, mostly faculty.
I am part of the LGS (Levermore global scholars programme) and it has made all the difference! my classes are fun yet challenging! I have learned so much and made lifelong bonds with amazing people I have met in college.

The university is in a safe, comfortable city that is only 1 train ride away from the city!
Beaches are close by too and there are sooo many restaurants close by to school!
I love the professionalism of this institution and the compassion it has for its students, the smaller class size really make you feel like your are actually learning and not teaching yourself.
A place where the resources are there to help you succeed, and the connections and one creates can stand the tests of the real world.
Start Your Review of Adelphi University
Choosing to go to Adelphi was the best decision I could have made as a high school senior. The personalized attention that you get from your professors can not be understated. The school gives decent scholarships too, which helps because it is very expensive.
The transition from high school to college is not easy, but Adelphi University has a pretty good academic environment.
Adelphi has a diverse and vast amount of student activities from Karaoke to Stress Management sessions. The university cares about the students and their input. As programs go on, they will change if something is not working and create an outlet for student input. Facilities are clean, faculty and staff care about the students. The campus is a beautiful place with plenty of dining options and places to study. Not far from the mall or food options and getting to and from campus without a car is not hard. Parking is plentiful.