COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
We recognize that the unexpected challenges posed by COVID-19 can be unsettling, but we want to make it easy to navigate your way through Adelphi’s admissions process. We’ve put this page together to help. And if you can’t find the information you’re looking for? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will gladly get right back to you. Learn More
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodC
- Student LifeB+
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students’ lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness.
Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island’s oldest private coeducational university. It serves almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, New York—just 23 miles from New York City’s cultural and internship opportunities—and at dynamic learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, as well as online. More than 116,000 Adelphi graduates have gained the skills to thrive.
Adelphi University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.74 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.93 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.93 responses
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.106 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.123 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.54 responses