- Garden City, NY
- 4 Year
Adelphi is a nationally ranked doctoral research university offering liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training.
Adelphi is dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes, hands-on learning, and innovative programs.
Founded in Brooklyn in 1896, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university. Today Adelphi serves nearly 7,500 national and international students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, next to New York City's cultural and internship opportunities.
More than 90,000 Adelphi graduates have gained the skills to thrive.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.74 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.73 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.73 responses
Business Administration and Management68 Graduates
Sport and Fitness Management56 Graduates
Social Sciences49 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services49 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies32 Graduates
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.86 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.103 responses
After Adelphi University
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.54 responses
Adelphi University Reviews
All of my dorm rooms have been spacious, clean, and had their own bathroom. The best options for dorming on campus is New Hall A or New Hall B. These buildings are mostly upperclassmen, but are open to everyone. They have air conditioning, heating, large lounges, and a bathroom in each room. The worst option is Waldo Hall. This building does not have AC on all floors and tends to be a little more run down. However, Waldo Halls sense of community is strong!
All buildings are very close to classrooms and dining because it is a small campus. They are a little expensive, but the convenience of living on campus is practically invaluable to me. It makes it so much easier to study and get work done when my commute is only a 3 minute walk. The housing process can be stressful if you need to find a roommate, but once you have one the room selection is online and runs smoothly.
The friends I have made here will be cherished forever, since everyone here is a support system, and everyone here is willing to help you succeed. Getting involved here is also something you need to do, because you will learn so much about yourself and how you can become a leader.
This place is truly an amazing one, and I cannot imagine having spent these past four years at any other school.