Adelphi is a nationally ranked doctoral research university offering liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training.
Adelphi is dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes, hands-on learning, and innovative programs.
Founded in Brooklyn in 1896, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university. Today Adelphi serves nearly 7,500 national and international students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, next to New York City's cultural and internship opportunities.
More than 90,000 Adelphi graduates have gained the skills to thrive.
Adelphi University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- Compare up to 10 private loan options from our network of lenders
- Find the best loan for your budget today
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.74 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.78 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.78 responses
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.91 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.108 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.54 responses
Adelphi University Reviews
Good location, seemed safe, academic support especially strong, cafeterias great.
Ugly part: many neglected buildings. Dorm awful!! Library seriously outdated, small, and crowded. Offices cramped. Other schools blew this place out of the water with regard to facilities and equipment.
One of the best possible locations in metropolis with corporations, tourism, nature, history, jobs, etc.
Discrepancy between the kind of school it could be and the kind of place it is. Hints of a lack of leadership, fighting between factions, pigeonholing, long-term complacency. Core values unclear.
Our Uber driver was an alumnus, a banker driving on the weekends. He loved the school but hadn’t been back since he graduated 10 years before, said he never got a call or an invitation.
The university is in a safe, comfortable city that is only 1 train ride away from the city!
Beaches are close by too and there are sooo many restaurants close by to school!