- 4 Year
- GARDEN CITY, NY
COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
We recognize that the unexpected challenges posed by COVID-19 can be unsettling, but we want to make it easy to navigate your way through Adelphi’s admissions process. We’ve put this page together to help. And if you can’t find the information you’re looking for? Reach out to us at email@example.com and we will gladly get right back to you. Learn More
- Academicsgrade B
- Valuegrade A minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Campusgrade B
- Athleticsgrade B
- Party Scenegrade B minus
- Professorsgrade B minus
- Locationgrade A
- Dormsgrade C+
- Campus Foodgrade C
- Student Lifegrade B+
- Safetygrade A minus
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students’ lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness.
Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island’s oldest private coeducational university. It serves almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, New York—just 23 miles from New York City’s cultural and internship opportunities—and at dynamic learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, as well as online. More than 116,000 Adelphi graduates have gained the skills to thrive.
Adelphi University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 74 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 95 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 95 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Nursing454 Graduates
- Psychology77 Graduates
- Biology67 Graduates
- Business62 Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science43 Graduates
- Social Science Research Methods43 Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services41 Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities35 Graduates
- Communications31 Graduates
- Information Science31 Graduates
B.S. in Health Sciences at Adelphi University
Prepare for a career in a growing and rewarding industry. Gain a broad understanding of a range of topics, from biological and social sciences to global public health and the humanities. Assess the risks and challenges facing the modern healthcare industry, while developing the skills necessary to take on a leadership role in a clinical healthcare setting.
- Mix of Online and on Campus19%
- On Campus81%
- A combo of your average student41%
- Passionate/Supportive and hardworking4%
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join. 108 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life. 125 responses
- Its okay17%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 54 responses
Adelphi University Reviews
Most of the professors are nice, but the quality of the curriculum is seriously lacking. The Adelphi peer tutoring center is decent, especially for math tutoring.
The amount of student activities is close to none. The general clubs & student affairs calendar is rarely updated & difficult to navigate.
Overall, the education is mediocre and overpriced.