1. Alamosa, CO
  2. 4 Year

Adams State University Reviews

it has a great campus and very friendly but no Greek life definitely recommened someone here affordable nursing is a little trick but I'm sure you will pass
I love there campus it gets cold especial in winter average summer high is 75-80 degrees but in winter it gets really cold. small class sizes and you get to know your professor if you want the work a lot with you and offer a lot of school scholar ships.
I am a student doing extended studies. Everyone has been most helpful with anything I may need. Really looking forward to this semester and my college career at Adams State.
Adams state University is very good for people who like small town environments. The professors make time to get to know you because of the small classroom settings and they are readily available when you need them. The winters are brutal in Alamosa, but having good,clean facilities make it easier to attend class. With such successful sports teams at Adams State University there is also a lot of team spirit that makes it enjoyable when attending games.
The science department needs more funding and better professors. The business department is amazing, but professors on tenure still should be motivated. Funding should be more accessible, even though tuition is low.
I haven't really experienced much drug use on campus, and I am aware of how important it is to not have drugs on campus.
My overall experiences with the courses and professors at this school is great because I get along with all of my professors and I learn something new in my classes everyday. I also really like that the classes aren't very big this helps me get connected with the professor.
The value of a degree at this school is important and many different classes are offered to help you find out which is the best for you.
  • 5 months ago
  • Value
The security on campus is somewhat helpful but I really don't see much security in the day rather than I do at night or on the weekends.
Living on campus was an exciting new step for me so deciding on the right dorm was a top priority. I live in Coronado Hall and I like it was better than Girault. I love that I have my own bathroom and the rooms are somewhat spacious. Plus overall the dorms in coronado look a lot friendlier.
  • 5 months ago
  • Housing
The greek life at our school just became a thing. Before we didn't have a sorority or fraternity and just last year a sophomore here at Adams created a sorority. This is still in the making so there isn't really much that an be talked about.
The athletics at our school are pretty good but the most successful sport we have would be track and field. The other sports at our school are attended but they win and lose on occasion. The school spirit here at Adams is good as well, many people attend an event while sported out in our forrest green attire.
My overall experience at Adams State is pretty good. Being that I haven't been here very long and growing up in the city is very different but Adams is opening up my eyes to new things to get involved in and enjoy my time while studying for my future field. If I could do it all over I believe I would choose Adams State still because I enjoy the size of classes and I focus better when there is not much to do in town.
Just another small town school. It's the paper that matters, really, though.
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
The material is kinda lame, but the class sizes are all really small.
Adams has a pretty serious sexual assault problem.
Adams is just a little small town school. It's not bad, it's not great. I'm going there because it's convenient location and cost wise.
So far it is good
  • Recent Alumnus
  • 6 months ago
I do not stay oncampus
I do not know anything about Greek life