2,113 reviews
  1. San Francisco, CA
  2. 4 Year

Academy of Art University Reviews

2,113 reviews
The Academy of art University (Online) is great. You really feel like your in a classroom, with the helpful instructors, and the students really participate in the class.
The academy of art university has created a gateway to my career and college choice. Their pre college program helped me realize what career I want. So I thank the academy and look forward to being a freshmen art student soon!
Me personally I'm just about to start school. what I have experienced so far that every one has been a tremendous help and leading me in the right direction. They also feel like they are always there to help you.
I have learned many new things and the curriculum is awesome. The teachers work in the industry and therefore have actual experience. My only complaint is that the school does not have an actual campus, all classrooms and dorms are spread throughout the city. The school cost is also a big issue as many students find it very difficult to pay as student loans only cover a small portion of total tuition, room & board.
So far I'm impressed.
My request for info was promptly answered.

In a week I have enrolled for the Graphic Design Bachelors Degree in Fine Art.

College seems organized and professional
I enjoyed the city and the friends I made. It's quite unique. They have classes others don't which are good, but some have BOGUS YOUTUBABLE curriculums and material that your advisor might recommend. I was told how to shake hands and greet someone, sew a straight 4 inch line on a standard machine, that BOGO is a great way to increase amount of units sold. Triple DUH! SO be absolutely skeptical of your admission/academic advisor. The 2 years I was told I'd finish in became 4. A professor thought I should learn to scrapbook the AAU way. It.was. ridiculous. A passionate teacher would've just helped me get on same pg and on w my life...I should've left but I'd moved to sf. There are countless shared stories similar to this amongst students across majors & have been lawsuits in the past...They're good at their PR. I wish I knew. Fashion students who want a free fashion show, you compete for this incentive and your designs are not completely up to you. Beware
Academy of Art University has very kind professors as well as counselors. Everyone is always happy to help. Academy of Art University is a very welcoming college. The professors have a true passion for what they teach and empower their students to follow their dreams.
The teachers at AAU demand the best out of their students. I am fortunate to be attending such an innovative and high quality university.
While taking classes online. I did take the oppertunity to visit the campus in San Francisco. I was impressed at the variety of information that the school has for incoming students and the resorces available to them
Graduated in 2013 with BFA in new Game Design Department with loads of student debt and inadequate game development preparation for ever changing game industry. Still no job in game design/development field to this day. Worst financial decision in my life and my parents'.
It is very challenging and sometimes can be frustrated. You learn a great deal, but you don't have that much time to process or work on your topic more than once. It's a task as an online student. The university needs to find another way to build the moral of the online students. Sometimes the University really needs to listen and hear our total concerns.
AAU offers a wide range of classes for students to take. It is great for students who need online classes and work full time jobs. AAU is a little expensive but there are a few grants and scholarships offered
I really enjoying attending AAU and i have learned a lot and i am proud of beaning one of the AAU family.
I like the ability of teachers being able teach us more about how the draw and illustrate our images. It can be tough. However, I have gained more experience in drawing to the point where I can become very skillful in my own abilities.
This school works for me. The videos are great that allow constant rewind and playback. I definitely recommend this school for people that are not afraid of learning on your own. As a working professional and parent, the flexibility allows me to finish my degree.
Have a lot of different majors, different kind of people. Many international student study in here. I like my major and my class, Web design and Graphic design. The class is good .
I found Academy of Art University to be an excellent school. They have quality industry professionals as teachers. Overall, I would say that my courses were challenging, but manageable and helpful to my career aspirations.
I take all my classes online, so this means I can go to school in California and still live and maintain my full-time job in Texas. I love that I can get my degree all while living my life in another state. The only downside is paying out of state tuition, but to have an education that I can trust isn't that worth it? The Academy of Art University is always willing to answer any questions I have whether it be in the class when I can just email my professor, or ask the office when I can set up an appointment that fits my schedule and theirs. They also send you emails when they have something going on around campus, and being online they will let you know when it is still something you can participate in from home!
Overall I feel the instructors are extremely knowledgeable about the industry. The teachers are very helpful and communicate extremely well. Some things I'd like to change is the class structure can be inconsistent from one class to the next. I would highly recommend Academy of Art University for anyone looking to get the very best art education.
Absolutely bad college experience. This "university" has poor student body quality and most people cannot graduate within four years of study. Most of the courses have the online version makes the course worthless. You could finish your degree online... Don't waste your money unless you are pretty sure you can graduate from one of its best ranked major. By the way, the school of MPT (film) is poorly managed. Many students drop off school during the first semester. Poor academics.