Abilene Christian University Reviews

1,239 reviews
I saw the students and was impresses by the way they are to each other. People treat each other like family and I loved to see that.
The environment there is one in a million. The professors, and students really do care about you. From the moment I moved in I knew that I was at home. Wildcat week made me feel as I was surrounded by people just like me, allowing us to connect deeply.
I really like how small and untied ACU is and it really feels like home away from home. The faith is amazing and it makes me want to become a better version of me
Start Your Review of Abilene Christian University
I enjoy my experience at ACU, there are many ways spiritually, physically, and mentally this college prepares you for success throughout the time here and when you graduate.
I love the environment of ACU. The professors care about you and your grades. Class sizes are normally small and conversation is of good acedemic learning. My sciences classes have great labs that are new. I also have found a community of people that can help me grow spiritually and mentally.
Abilene Christian University is a God-based University that focuses on incorporating christian principles into its academics. This university is my first choice college and I am excited to have the opportunity to attend.
I absolutely love ACU. The staff, professors, and students are all such wonderful and uplifting individuals. Not only do they care for your education, but they care for you on a personal level as well.
The faculty are amazing and there were a number of classes that I enjoyed, but I did not connect well with other students and there were some classes that were not enjoyable or helpful.
I've only been attending Abilene Christian University for a short while and so far this is by far one of the greatest experiences of my life. Everyone and I mean everyone is by far the nicest group of people you'll ever encounter. I toured many colleges like many students about to head into college do and out of the six plus colleges that I toured, the moment I came to a tour at Abilene Christian, I knew this is where I was called to be. The professors are amazing, share their personal phone numbers with you, etc. The professors here don't treat you like you're just a student to them, but none the less one of their own children.
One of the things I liked most about Abilene Christian was how comfortable the environment is there everyone seems to be very nice and friendly which makes it pretty easy to get connected with people. During Wildcat week the University made it even more easier to make friends quickly and getting to know the other fellow freshmen.
I am going to be a new transfer student this fall of 2018. What I like about Abilene Christian and from what I've seen, the school is very friendly. Going to the orientation was a great experience. I cannot wait to attend this school!
Abilene Christian is not an average college. With professors and staff who remember you, to kind strangers that will help you during move in. It is a great place for people to get a taste of living on their own while continuing their studies. If you face a problem someone is there to help.
Honestly, the time I spent at ACU was fantastic, the people there were as friendly as they could possibly be from the janitors to the professors who were all very professional. The dorms were very comfortable to live in space wise and including the people that I lived with. There was never a time where I felt unsafe what so ever. The classes were wonderful and well structured with professors who wasted no time in their lectures as well as helping their students any time.
I love the way the professors engage with every one of their students and truly do their job of educating us to the best of their ability!
I am in pursuing my Ed.D of Organizational Leadership. It's a online doctoral program. I really enjoy the curriculum and the interest that the admissions and advising staff has in their students. The professors have been great. Mine have been great at responding to emails and phone calls.
ACU is big on community and encouraging students to learn about God and finding their purpose; it is a very small school so class sizes are small, which I've enjoyed.
Abilene Christian University is a awesome school for anyone looking to increase their service to others. The academic options are diverse and will meet your needs.
Start Your Review of Abilene Christian University
The campus is run down and our tuition is too high. Other than that it is a great place to study. I am a 5th generation and there is no place I would rather be.
After my first year at ACU I was very impressed! I learned so much in all of my classes. The professors were all very knowledgeable and professional, but they were also very personable. I felt like they truly cared about me and my success, and that was a big deal to me.
The overall environment at ACU was very welcoming and diverse. I enjoyed being a tutor for one of ACU's classes and was an employee for the on-campus tech support for the entire length of my time at ACU. My professors all really cared about me and my wellbeing. My greatest disappointment with ACU lies with its recently announced policy regarding LGBT student employees as its discriminating and distasteful rhetoric doesn't reflect the actual opinion of the campus population (my engagement with professors, staff, and students and observance of the collective outrage over the policy has confirmed as much for me). As an LGBT student who had an active role in multiple campus positions, it was greatly disappointing to learn the administration's recent decision. I hope that they will revoke this discriminating change, as the community here is really accepting and loving. Many allies rose up over the past semester to challenge the policy and were seen wearing pride pins to graduation.