Abilene Christian University Reviews

1,229 reviews
I am going to be a new transfer student this fall of 2018. What I like about Abilene Christian and from what I've seen, the school is very friendly. Going to the orientation was a great experience. I cannot wait to attend this school!
Abilene Christian is not an average college. With professors and staff who remember you, to kind strangers that will help you during move in. It is a great place for people to get a taste of living on their own while continuing their studies. If you face a problem someone is there to help.
Honestly, the time I spent at ACU was fantastic, the people there were as friendly as they could possibly be from the janitors to the professors who were all very professional. The dorms were very comfortable to live in space wise and including the people that I lived with. There was never a time where I felt unsafe what so ever. The classes were wonderful and well structured with professors who wasted no time in their lectures as well as helping their students any time.
Start Your Review of Abilene Christian University
I love the way the professors engage with every one of their students and truly do their job of educating us to the best of their ability!
I am in pursuing my Ed.D of Organizational Leadership. It's a online doctoral program. I really enjoy the curriculum and the interest that the admissions and advising staff has in their students. The professors have been great. Mine have been great at responding to emails and phone calls.
ACU is big on community and encouraging students to learn about God and finding their purpose; it is a very small school so class sizes are small, which I've enjoyed.
Abilene Christian University is a awesome school for anyone looking to increase their service to others. The academic options are diverse and will meet your needs.
The campus is run down and our tuition is too high. Other than that it is a great place to study. I am a 5th generation and there is no place I would rather be.
After my first year at ACU I was very impressed! I learned so much in all of my classes. The professors were all very knowledgeable and professional, but they were also very personable. I felt like they truly cared about me and my success, and that was a big deal to me.
The overall environment at ACU was very welcoming and diverse. I enjoyed being a tutor for one of ACU's classes and was an employee for the on-campus tech support for the entire length of my time at ACU. My professors all really cared about me and my wellbeing. My greatest disappointment with ACU lies with its recently announced policy regarding LGBT student employees as its discriminating and distasteful rhetoric doesn't reflect the actual opinion of the campus population (my engagement with professors, staff, and students and observance of the collective outrage over the policy has confirmed as much for me). As an LGBT student who had an active role in multiple campus positions, it was greatly disappointing to learn the administration's recent decision. I hope that they will revoke this discriminating change, as the community here is really accepting and loving. Many allies rose up over the past semester to challenge the policy and were seen wearing pride pins to graduation.
The professors truly care about their students and want you to succeed. there are so many great professors that really do do everything they can to nurture and help you succeed.
ACU has a very strong community, both between students and between students and teachers. Teachers are very patient and are very approachable and helpful. It's a place filled with many different kind of students were anyone can find their place.
Not only was my academic experience good, but so was my social life and my spiritual life as well. I met my very best friends in my dorm hall and inside the classroom. Professors are very understanding and will do anything and everything to work with you. The only problem I faced my freshman year was curfew at 12. It's reasonable, however, I had never had that kind of rule before college, therefore, it took some getting used to. Besides that, everything has been great. I love the environment, the food, study materials, financial aid, etc.
From the moment i stepped foot on campus on visitation day i already knew that this was where i wanted to spend the next four years of my life. The staff and professors are so heartwarming and are gladly willing to help you with your transition from high school to college and are also very open minded to helping you with school work, life and any other confrontation you may have. I have met so many amazing friends that will last a lifetime and that will always encourage me when i feel lonely or sad. I will always be proud to be a Wildcat. #Scratchem!!!
I would like to see more diversity on the campus, to connect the campus together. I do like the Christian atmosphere because I’m a Christian. And so i like the feeling on campus that i get here
When I toured Abilene Christian University I felt as though it was home. I am planning on being a music education major, and what I saw within the campus was amazing to me. I think the staff that was on campus was amazing and friendly. This is why I will be attending Abilene Christian University in the upcoming fall 2018 semester. There is not really anything that would change my mind on what I would want out of a university. There is nothing that would make me want to transfer out of this, I have completely fallen in love with this school.
The University has a great close-knit atmosphere. With around 5,000 students, it is easy to meet and form close connections with so many people that you see every day. Class sizes are small which allows for lots of professor-student interactions on a daily basis. All of the Professors here that I have met have been genuinely concerned and involved in their student's success at this university and even help to facilitate success when a student expresses the desire to leave ACU to continue their education elsewhere.
Start Your Review of Abilene Christian University
Abilene Christian University is a very welcoming community with great professors and staff. I can tell I have already made life-long friendships and I am only a freshman here. Even though the tuition is higher than most schools, I believe it will pay off in the long run as the academic program here is outstanding.
Abilene Christian is beautiful private college that is located in Abilene, TX. I went there on a visit for football and i absolutely loved it. The campus is kinda old school but very nice. They also just renovated a new football stadium which i also got to play my last high school football game at.
Although it does not have the sense of awe that some state schools possess, ACU does a fantastic job at preparing its students for a life of purpose and success. The facilities have recently been renovated and the campus as never looked as good. Unlike other schools, the class sizes are manageable which gives you a chance to develop actual relationships with your professors. The connections that the university has are just as good as the most well-known schools. Companies and graduate schools across the country recruit for internships and jobs year round so for the ambitious there are opportunities out there. Like anything, you get out what you put in and ACU has a lot to offer.