25 Things To Do in Quarantine
I am a college student at Duquesne University and have, like all other students across the country, switched to online classes for the rest of the semester. I have been using my extra time to stay productive and do all of the things that have been roaming on my to-do list for months now. If you’re like me, then you’ve probably been trying to keep your quarantined days booked and busy. Or you might be taking advantage of this time to relax and restart, which I can definitely get behind, too.
Either way, I have some ideas for you!
- READ A BOOK. It’s hard to find time to read during the semester when it seems like our required reading takes up all of our free time. Use this time to read a book that you’re genuinely interested in! My favorite recently has been To Hell with the Hustle by Jefferson Bethke.
- PERFECT YOUR FAVORITE COOKIE RECIPE. Baking is such a fun way to get your mind off of things while getting to enjoy something delicious!
- CLEAN OUT YOUR CLOSET. Or dresser, or shoe rack, or makeup collection…the list goes on! Cleaning can be very therapeutic. And what better time to clean out your room then now? Giving away old clothes also leaves room for more (hello online shopping addicts!).
- HAVE A SELF-CARE NIGHT. Light a candle, brew your favorite tea, turn on twinkle lights, and put those face masks you have in your drawer to the test! This is a fun way to try out new products and take time to relax. This is also the perfect time to let your skin breathe and perfect your skincare routine.
- GO FOR A WALK/BIKE RIDE OUTSIDE. I never thought I would become an outdoors person until I wasn’t allowed to go to Starbucks anymore. But really, going outside for a walk or a bike ride really gives you time to breathe in the fresh air and take your mind off things.
- DRAW/PAINT SOMETHING. Even if you’re not artistic. It’s fun to play around and get creative!
- JOURNAL YOUR THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS. If you’ve never journaled before, this might be a great time to start. There is so much time for us to overthink, and it can feel good to get it all out.
- START THAT YOUTUBE CHANNEL OR BLOG YOU’VE BEEN WANTING TO START. This is definitely a personal goal for me. I’ve been wanting to start a blog for a while now, and I think now is the time! If you don’t want to start one yourself, you could watch your favorite YouTuber or find a new blogger you want to follow on Instagram.
- TIE DYE. Tie dye is super trendy again! Instead of buying an overpriced tie-dye set from Urban, make one yourself! It’s a fun way to pass time, and you’ll be proud of how good it looks when you’re done.
- CLEAN AND ORGANIZE YOUR LAPTOP FILES. This is a more dreadful task, especially for someone like me who has every file ever opened on their home screen. But, you will feel more organized and ready to start online classes when you have a clean slate.
- WRITE A LETTER TO A LOVED ONE. Writing letters is a great way to connect with your family members that live near or far! It’s always fun getting mail and even more fun sending it.
- MAKE A SUMMER PLAYLIST. Making playlists is one of my favorite things to do. Making a summer playlist will brighten your mood while you find some cool new jams.
- DO AN AT-HOME WORKOUT. Get moving! You will thank yourself afterwards.
- REARRANGE YOUR ROOM. This is something I love to do because even the simplest change can give your room a whole new vibe.
- FACETIME. We are so lucky to live in an age where we can FaceTime, so take advantage of this! Connect with your high school friends or with your college friends that you had to leave. You can also get the extended family together for a huge FaceTime party!
- LEARN YOUR FAVORITE TIKTOK DANCE. I know, it sounds cringey. I didn’t have a TikTok for a long time, and I kept denying the urge to download it. Trust me, you need to download it.
- BINGE-WATCH A NEW SERIES. This might be an obvious one, but in case you need some new shows, here are my recent favorites: Gossip Girl, Tiger King, Schitt’s Creek, Dead to Me, Euphoria, and Ozark. Also, any sort of reality TV is great to binge.
- PLAY BOARD GAMES. I haven’t played a board game in forever! It’s a fun way to take a break from technology and spend some quality time with your family or quarantine friends.
- FIND A NEW HOBBY. Sewing, baking, running, painting…the ideas are endless!
- LEARN ABOUT YOUR ZODIAC SIGN. The Co-Star app is a cool way to learn more about your sign and yourself. You can also compare signs with your friends!
- SLEEP IN. You deserve it.
- COOK DINNER FOR YOUR FAMILY/QUARANTINE FRIENDS. Just like baking, creating a delicious meal for your family or friends is a good way to get your mind off things. Plus, who doesn’t love food?!
- PERFECT YOUR FAVORITE STARBUCKS ORDER AT HOME. Be your own barista! There are so many ways to switch up your morning coffee or perfect your go-to order. Have you tried the TikTok whipped coffee yet?
- MAKE YOUR SUMMER BUCKET LIST. Even though you can’t vacation now, start planning ahead! Write a list of fun activities to do this summer or research a road trip you’ve been dying to take.
- ORGANIZE YOUR LIFE. Last but not least, there are many ways to get more organized, whether it’s by creating a budget for yourself or going through your mailbox full of emails. Do all of those annoying little tasks that you never had time to do before.
I hope you are able to get some inspiration from these ideas! I can’t wait to do some of these myself, starting with baking some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies tonight. Remember to keep spreading positivity and that we are all in this together.
More Articles By Niche
How to Cope with Canceled or Postponed Milestones
There is nothing normal about the COVID-19 pandemic. It is …
How To Continue Your College Admissions Plan From Home
Whether you are an underclassman or a senior, you’re likely …
SAT tests canceled? Here’s what you should do
As the coronavirus pandemic continues to close schools and cancel …