Niche Safety Center
We all need a little support sometimes. Below are links to a variety of organizations with extensive experience in helping people navigate a wide variety of difficult situations. Please use these free resources or share them with a friend in need!
- Niche has gathered information and links to help support families during the Covid-19 Pandemic. Please head over to our blog to find helpful tips on how to work from home with kids or fun activities you can do inside your own living space.
- Crisis Text Line
- Crisis Text Line provides free, 24/7 support for those in crisis. Text 741741 from anywhere in the US to text with a trained Crisis Counselor.
- National Eating Disorders Association
- The National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) is the largest nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting individuals and families affected by eating disorders. NEDA supports individuals and families affected by eating disorders, and serves as a catalyst for prevention, cures and access to quality care.
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America
- ADAA’s mission focuses on improving quality of life for those with anxiety, depression, OCD, PTSD, and co-occurring disorders through education, practice, and research.
- StopBullying.gov provides information from various government agencies on what bullying is, what cyberbullying is, who is at risk, and how you can prevent and respond to bullying.
- Teaching Tolerance
- Teaching Tolerance helps teachers and schools educate children and youth to be active participants in a diverse democracy. Teaching Tolerance provides free resources to educators, teachers, administrators, counselors and other practitioners who work with children from kindergarten through high school.
- Stomp Out Bullying
- Stomp Out Bullying is dedicated to changing the culture for all students. It works to reduce and prevent bullying, cyberbullying, and other digital abuse, educates against homophobia, LGBTQ discrimination, racism and hatred, and deters violence in schools, online and in communities across the country.
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) is the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization. RAINN created and operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline- 800.656.HOPE
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Operating around the clock, seven days a week, confidential and free of cost, the National Domestic Violence Hotline provides lifesaving tools and immediate support to enable victims to find safety and live lives free of abuse.
- Planned Parenthood
- Planned Parenthood is a leader in sex education. It delivers sex education programs, resources, and tools that empower all people to make informed choices about sexuality and relationships, and lead their healthiest lives.
- National Suicide Prevention Life Line
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, across the United States. The Lifeline is comprised of a national network of over 150 local crisis centers, combining custom local care and resources with national standards and best practices.
- Crisis Text Line
- Crisis Text Line is free, 24/7 support for those in crisis. Text 741741 from anywhere in the US to text with a trained Crisis Counselor. Crisis Text Line trains volunteers to support people in crisis.
- Self-Injury Outreach & Support
- An international outreach organization providing current information and helpful resources about self-injury to individuals who self-injure, those who have recovered, as well as their caregivers and families, friends, teachers and the health professionals who work with them.
- Samaritans USA
- Samaritans USA provides immediate and ongoing emotional support to those who are in crisis or have lost a loved one to suicide. They teach lay and professional caregivers and service providers the most effective methods to prevent suicide. They also educate caregivers, service providers, academics, those in government, industry and the general public about the public health problem posed by suicide and the best means to prevent it.
- Befrienders’ mission is to be a principal resource in emotional support and to share research which can lead to innovative service practices, delivered by volunteers. They value giving a person the opportunity to explore feelings which can cause distress, the importance of being listened to, in confidence, anonymously, and without prejudice.
- Veteran Crisis Line
- The Veterans Crisis Line is a free, confidential resource that’s available to anyone, even if you’re not registered with VA or enrolled in VA health care. The caring, qualified responders at the Veterans Crisis Line are specially trained and experienced in helping Veterans of all ages and circumstances.
- Wounded Warrior Project
- The WWP mission is to honor and empower Wounded Warriors who incurred a physical or mental injury, illnesses, or wound, co-incident to your military service on or after September 11, 2001. You may also be eligible for the program if you are the family member or caregiver of a Wounded Warrior.
Support for LGBTQ+ Community
- The Trevor Project
- The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ) young people under 25.
- Trans Lifeline
- Trans Lifeline is a trans-led organization that connects trans people to the community, support, and resources they need to survive and thrive.
- Stomp Out LGBTQ+ Bullying
- Stomp Out LGBTQ+ Bullying gives resources to help students, parents, and educators build positive and accepting environments.
Help with Finding Loans
- Find Private Student Loans on Niche
- Niche’s loan search tool can help connect you with a lending partner that offers loans for your school.
Report a Crime
- Contact your local authorities (911)
- If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call 911 or contact your local Police Department or Sheriff’s Department.
- FBI Tip Line
- National Human Trafficking Hotline
- Call the National Human Trafficking Hotline toll-free hotline at 1-888-373-7888: Anti-Trafficking Hotline Advocates are available 24/7 to take reports of potential human trafficking. OR Text the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 233733. Message and data rates may apply